Author Topic: What do you hate most about Birmingham?  (Read 16788 times)

ACE

Re: What do you hate most about Birmingham?
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 04:19:13 PM »
It always rains in Birmingham? What a ridiculous thing to say. What is the scientific basis for this comment? Utter rubbish is what that is. It sometimes rains in Birmingham, just like it sometimes rains anywhere else in the country, you get me?

Melynda

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 04:43:55 PM »
you get me?

Not really, please elaborate

spyro2000

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 09:30:10 PM »
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

Jacqueline

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 03:07:52 PM »
Bossd i think you have the WRONG old bull ring.  Yes we all remember the concrete jungle built 60's/70's. ::)

What most of the old uns on here are talking about is the bull ring before that. I am in my early 50's but slightly remember the old market, not sure if fish or otherwise but my gran took me there. All i can remember is a pointed roof, perhaps someone can help. :-\

I have not visited the new bullring since it was developed even though it's just a few miles away. However here comes the first thing i hate about Brum...Selfidges [the silver slug] it is soooo ugly.

Second are the idiots who think we talk funny [was a couple on here] so hence are thick.

We are such a super bunch and so friendly. Just go down south and open a door for someone. They look at you as if you are MAD. Try starting a conversation at a bus stop in brum and you always get a response. Any where else....NO.

BRUM RULES, Hip, Hip.

john2000

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »
Hi" Jacquline, as you say, you have'nt in Brum for some time, nowadays, you stand at a busstop and try to talk to some one, and they will think youre after somthing,.
as far as being friendly, just go up North, and talk to some one in a pub, and they will buy you a drink, go to a pub in Brum, and they may buy you a drink, but go down to the smoke, and you have to buy them a drink first. theres good and bad in all of us, but nowadays, a lot of teenagers ( mostly in the inner cities) seem to be hostile to everyone and every thing, I blame the dogooders for most of the problems, "you must not shout at the children because they may turn out wrong"what some of the kids need is a short sharp shock, to make them understand that they are not the only people in the world, an eye for an eye will not work, but some thing close to it will,... I could go on all day but nothing will change.. :'(
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Jacqueline

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »
John i probably did not make it clear in my post but i said i had not been to the bullring for a while. Indeed i still live in Brum.

I know what you are saying but things are only going to get worse due to the new laws preventing parents from smacking their children. God knows we do not want to see children beaten but now we cannot smack them so where is the disciplin?

john2000

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 05:18:48 PM »
Hi"Jacqueline, Remember when we were kids, and the bobby on the beat, if you gave him any lip, he would clip you a round the ear, and when you went home, your dad asked why you where crying, he would then give you another clip a round the ear for getting into trouble with the police.
After that, we never gave any one problems, but today if a copper slaped a yob, it would be him that would end up in court, for GBH.
"Spare the rod, and save the child" it should read, to save the child, use the rod" Basall Heath was a bad place to live, with all the pimps and ladies of the night, then later the drugs, but most of us did'nt get involved in that kind of thing, they were there, and we knew about it but we did'nt get involved with them. we all had fights outside the pub on a saterday night, ( and I have had my share too )  or up to the Le Carno dance hall, ok, some of us where yobs, but we never beat up an old people for the fun of it,     8)

zaza

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 12:55:29 AM »
John i probably did not make it clear in my post but i said i had not been to the bullring for a while. Indeed i still live in Brum.

I know what you are saying but things are only going to get worse due to the new laws preventing parents from smacking their children. God knows we do not want to see children beaten but now we cannot smack them so where is the disciplin?

The fact that you can't spell the word properly spells trouble. If you have to physically abuse your child, you have failed as a parent, and yes, smacking is physical abuse. This can only have a negative effect on the child, especially during their very early years.
You can be assured that most of the kind of anti-social teenagers you're talking about actually do come from violent homes, although violence is just one of the many problems which can lead to a teenager becoming anti-social. The fact is, most of these kids come from homes of "incapable" parents/guardians. Obviously you're one of these people who thinks "well, my parents beat me, but I turned out all right" etc, and I'm sorry, but you are wrong, and there's more than enough factual evidence to prove that, educate yourself.

if a copper slaped a yob, it would be him that would end up in court, for GBH
Where do you get your info from? The last time I got arrested I got a kicking from the police, nothing has changed.

john2000

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 10:03:17 AM »
ZaZa, Many thanks for input, just one small question, why did the police give you a kicking,? and why were you arrested.?... have a nice day.

zaza

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »
I was drunk on the street on my way home, got a little arsey, as you do, then got a hiding.

spyro2000

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »
I was drunk on the street on my way home, got a little arsey, as you do, then got a hiding.

Was you beaten as a child?
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1