Author Topic: Has anyone else had the same issue?  (Read 3049 times)

BigRachel

Has anyone else had the same issue?
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »
Recently i was trying to buy a property and do it up to rent out, As a little project. I had my heart set on it. However the seller pulled out at the last minute. Leaving me high and dry, I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Maybe it was the solicitors fault or is there something else that it could be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rachel

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Has anyone else had the same issue?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »
hi br welcome to the forum

yes iv had it happen to me a few times  and it can happen until you put your name on the contract   but if you or the seller then pulls out it can cost you 12.5 of the selling price but up till then there is nothing you can do  I know one thing it can cost you a lot of money for nothing
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

BigRachel

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »
Hi Thanks for the reply, it is so annoying as i had my heart set on this one. they give no warning either. did you end up getting a property in the end?

Thanks

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 10:49:34 AM »
I went for a house in kingsheath I offered them the full asking price then at the last minuet they pulled out a new buyer had offered them more  but six weeks later they got on to me asking if I was still interested in buying the house at the new price  I told them more or less to stick it where the sun never shines  in the end it got sold for less than I offered   

BigRachel

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 10:52:25 AM »
Good on you that would have annoyed me aswell, I will keep looking for a property i like im sure one will pop up eventually.

Thanks

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »
just keep looking you will find one that's got your name on it   I always say if its meant to be it will happen

one more thing you will know has soon has you go in the front door the house will welcome you

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 11:03:50 AM »
Hello Rachel,

It's never happened to me, but it usually occurs when the vendor has received a better offer, I understand there have been several attempts to tighten up the laws in gazumping but it still happens. Were you given no explanation? Could the vendors purchase of a new property have fallen through, this can sometimes ripple down a whole chain of purchases and sales.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

BigRachel

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »
Hi Phil,

Yes i was given no explanation at all, i was just given to infomation that the sellers had pulled out. its really frustrating becasue i could have been buying a diffrent property.

Thanks

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »
the other thing that can happen ( mostly in the inner city)  is at the last moment when you've paid out and getting ready to move   is your buyer  will at the last moment jump in and try to knock the price down by a few £1000 if they are a cash buyer  knowing you can be in a fix  its a dog eat dog

vamann

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »
We got as far as having the survey done before the owner decided she no longer wanted to move.  It turned out that we had committed a boo boo by discussing in her hearing our plans for extending her home, she believed that it was so wonderful that no one would want to alter it in any way.  We later found a property in the same road for £10,000 less, this was in 1984, which we adapted to our needs.

BigRachel

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »
Hi Everyone thankyou for everyones advice, i ended up finding a property i wanted. and ended up changing solicitors. i read an article online which gave me alot of help and put my mind at ease. someone on here linked it me actually. The page was http://mybigmove.co.uk/Do-I-need-a-solicitor-to-buy-a-house.

Hope this can help someone else out as much as it did me.

Thanks

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy