Author Topic: Music Producer/Music Advice/Music Industry  (Read 592 times)

Vanessa147

Music Producer/Music Advice/Music Industry
« on: October 05, 2016, 03:20:49 AM »
Hi am a singer looking for a producer for working with me. I can write song but I am useless at playing anything on keys or guitar ive never had a lesson. Can anyone help me make music for my lyrics? I have spoken to a few people around Birmingham but theres not much info or good advice. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

MusicGirl22

Re: Music Producer/Music Advice/Music Industry
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 03:03:26 PM »
Hi Vanessa. I was in the same place as you around 4 years ago. I had a dead end job and no relationship and music was my only escape. Like you, I did not have any knowledge of instruments. I went to BCU music department for advice but they told me I needed to enrol which I could not do. In terms of looking for a producer to make the music for you, I was lucky enough and met an artist and musician called M Jai Dark Flower where I had the best and honest advice. They then went on to make me a few instrumental songs that I could work with and advised on everything I needed to do. Long story short… I am now a worldwide selling artist based in France. I think the best thing for you to do is speak to him at AIM Acadamy South Birmingham College and he doesn’t charge to speak to him.
Another thing for you to do is check out Gregg Landos from Musicians Union. He was the person who told me everything regarding the business and a check list. You might want to check out some open days at UNIs and colleges, I know they offer advice but I don’t know if that’s for free.
Another thing is to post your videos online of just raw singing, best way to do it is on YouTube and advertise that you’re looking for a music producer. This was my first step and I did get a lot of feedback and interest. Just keep doing what you’re doing, speak to these people they will help you out a lot. Good luck chick!

Juliette Lucas

CarlAshnurn

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »

went to see this guy you talking about at a youth centre in handsworth as i am a struggling singer/songwriter. we sat down and talked a for a long time and have to say i was given some honest feedback and advice. very humble gentleman with lots of experince. he does seem young but defintely knows what hes going on about. pointed me in the right direction and gave me help where needed.
Carlz

JiggaMann127

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 09:43:10 AM »
the guy ur talking about is an absolute legend  O0

hes no longer at the youth centre i think the people who run it are never open but i found his utube

gave me his house number, met up the next day, sound advice and brought his laptop to teach me how to mix on fl studio, probably learned more in 1 hour than i did in music college

was even kind enough to pay for my coffee

DavidHeath12

Re: Dark Flower
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:31:21 PM »
Very very VERY knowledgeable down to earth guy, knows a lot about the industry which was surprising. I tried to test him having worked in PR for a record label for 11 years, he definitely knows what he is talking about. I found this forum on google and thought I'd share my experience. My daughter was looking for a vocal coach, he told me what to do and where to look. The only thing I didnít like was that people kept interrupting us when we were talking and sorry to say they did look like thugs and stared me down. However, have arranged another more private meeting to discuss business with Mr Dark Flower.

Scipio

Re: Dark Flower
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 08:43:39 PM »

Very very VERY knowledgeable down to earth guy, knows a lot about the industry which was surprising. I tried to test him having worked in PR for a record label for 11 years, he definitely knows what he is talking about. I found this forum on google and thought I'd share my experience. My daughter was looking for a vocal coach, he told me what to do and where to look. The only thing I didnít like was that people kept interrupting us when we were talking and sorry to say they did look like thugs and stared me down. However, have arranged another more private meeting to discuss business with Mr Dark Flower.

Seems very strange to me David, that MusicGirl22 says she's a successful recording artiste living in France , I can't find anything about her on the world wide web