Author Topic: Then & Now  (Read 339524 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Then & Now
« Reply #561 on: July 09, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »
trap0001

As you look through the thread you will see that I am trying to lay this out as a trip around Birmingham, at the moment we are at the bottom of Kingstanding Road heading in towards Birchfield Road. What I did ask at the beginning of this thread was if anybody wanted to add images of their own or wanted a specific place included was to try and keep the sequence of the way the thread was running.

We went through Marston Green back in January, though I do realise that you were not a member back then so if you want to start another separate thread to display your images then please do so by all means as I wouldn't like to see a thread I have been working on for 9 months now thrown out of sequence so near the end of it. If not you are quite welcome though to add any images of the area we are passing through anytime you are able.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #562 on: July 09, 2017, 07:39:33 PM »

You could be right. The 'now' image is actually from 2014. I did a whole batch of these Then & Now compilations some time ago as it's a bit of a passion of mine anyway. I always try to get the same perspective, angle, zoom etc as the 'Then' image. I'll be popping more up in due course.

trap0001. Please do so, would love to see them. You are in the correct thread so if the photos will be of interest to members then please post your Then and Now
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

trap0001

« Reply #563 on: July 09, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »
trap0001

As you look through the thread you will see that I am trying to lay this out as a trip around Birmingham, at the moment we are at the bottom of Kingstanding Road heading in towards Birchfield Road. What I did ask at the beginning of this thread was if anybody wanted to add images of their own or wanted a specific place included was to try and keep the sequence of the way the thread was running.

We went through Marston Green back in January, though I do realise that you were not a member back then so if you want to start another separate thread to display your images then please do so by all means as I wouldn't like to see a thread I have been working on for 9 months now thrown out of sequence so near the end of it. If not you are quite welcome though to add any images of the area we are passing through anytime you are able.

Oh dear. I'm heartily sorry for having ruined your thread. I can't do anything right. Feel free to delate my post (I don't appear to have the ability to do so).
😥

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #564 on: July 09, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »
trap001

You haven't ruined anything, as I said your not supposed to know everything the moment you come on to a forum. I'm quite  happy to leave the image where it is. No you are not able to delete posts, though you can edit the posts that you make within a few hours of posting them all you have to do is click on the modify button on the right above  the reply box.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

trap0001

« Reply #565 on: July 09, 2017, 08:26:19 PM »
Ok, thanks.

Let me know when you're back in Stechford/Glebe/Kittsc Green as I don't have pictures of anywhere else.

😬

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #566 on: July 09, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »
Trap

There is nothing stopping you doing a separate thread for the area you mention, as I doubt I'll be going back up that way, because one photographic jaunt around Birmingham is enough. I did think at the end I would ask for places that I hadn't covered on a request basis and see if I could oblige that way.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #567 on: July 10, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »
We have just past over the Canal Bridge on College Road and are looking back toward the Kingstanding Road juncftion.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #568 on: July 10, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »
nice then and now phil...wonder what that building was on the left..i am not that far away from there

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #569 on: July 10, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
Lyn

It's not really my area, but I think it was a Joseph Lucas factory. It seems that you like living in the shadow of Lucas's
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #570 on: July 10, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
right phil i will try and look that up in kellys...if it was a lucas factory then yes i have lived in their shadow although none larger than lucas GKS.. O0

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #571 on: July 11, 2017, 11:04:13 AM »
Moving on now we reach the junction of Aldridge Road which has been dominated by the Boars Head inn for many years now.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy