Author Topic: Then & Now  (Read 339486 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Then & Now
« Reply #880 on: February 16, 2019, 03:25:08 PM »
Looking down Heath mill Lane from the Library to the Digbeth railway viaduct.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #881 on: February 16, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
The Golden Lion public house that was in Digbeth from roughly 1520 and now has been transplanted to Cannon Hill Park.

The first photo shows the pub in situ on the High Street in Deritend, then the next photo must be after 1911 when it was moved to Cannon Hill Park. The third photo shows it in the dilapidated state it has been allowed to fall into under Birmingham City Councils care.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #882 on: February 16, 2019, 09:16:22 PM »
The Golden Lion public house that was in Digbeth from roughly 1520 and now has been transplanted to Cannon Hill Park.

The first photo shows the pub in situ on the High Street in Deritend, then the next photo must be after 1911 when it was moved to Cannon Hill Park. The third photo shows it in the dilapidated state it has been allowed to fall into under Birmingham City Councils care.

Phil I only hope they BCC let some of those eyesores around Broad St dilapidate as quick. 
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #883 on: February 16, 2019, 11:16:39 PM »
They're not he only council to allow this to go on
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

astoness

« Reply #884 on: February 17, 2019, 07:45:26 PM »
nice old one of heathmill lane phil..not seen it before O0

JudithM

« Reply #885 on: February 18, 2019, 01:23:46 PM »

That does make me so cross  >:(  They don't seem to want to allow anyone to take over a restoration either.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #886 on: February 18, 2019, 02:23:42 PM »
That does make me so cross  >:(  They don't seem to want to allow anyone to take over a restoration either.

Judith

I think the whole point is, that they want it fall down, looking at the scaffold which has cost a fortune since it was first erected it's not there to help stop the building from falling down, but to protect the public when it does.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #887 on: February 19, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »

Judith

I think the whole point is, that they want it fall down, looking at the scaffold which has cost a fortune since it was first erected it's not there to help stop the building from falling down, but to protect the public when it does.
True.

I don't know why they won't let somebody pay to restore it, or take it off their hands. 
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #888 on: February 19, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »
True.

I don't know why they won't let somebody pay to restore it, or take it off their hands.

Judith

When you find out, let me know because I know a few others who would like to know the answer to that question.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #889 on: February 19, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »
I bet the Americans would love to have that in their country.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #890 on: February 19, 2019, 05:44:10 PM »
I bet the Americans would love to have that in their country.

I'm sure the Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings would jump at it and they would know how to dismantle and restore it correctly and without any nonsense.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy