Author Topic: St Clements church, Nechells.  (Read 1395 times)

Ivor Williams

St Clements church, Nechells.
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »
I was in Sunday School at St. Clements. Once in a while we would be taken on a trip to the Haunted Hollow. Does anyone have any information of this mystery location? It was somewhere that felt quite rural. In reality, it couldn't have been far from Nechells because we were so young. As far as I remember, the only supervision on out outings was provided by two elderly women. I have a memory of a group of us boys going to a rural police station to ask the way home after straying away from our leaders.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: St Clements church, Nechells.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »
Hi Ivor

Was this trip you took by coach or was it on foot and what year would it have been?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Ivor Williams

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »
I have very little memory of my trips to Haunted Hollow. I remember that it had a rural feel. There was a large dip in the ground, trees and shrubs around the ridge. This was supposed to be the Haunted Hollow. We had our picnics in this place. My only other memory is of walking a long way trying to find our way home after wandering off from the main party. I was with a small group of lads, two or three of whom were older than myself. I must have been seven or eight years old. We arrived at a rural police station and asked the way home. I have an idea that a Midland Red bus may have been what we travelled on.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:43 PM »
So Ivor it could have been more or less anywhere within the West Midlands, without any further information I'm afraid it'd going to be impossible to find unless we come across someone who went on the same trip who can remember more about it.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Joewoen

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
It sounds a bit like Abberley Valley, a very popular picniic spot, particularly in the past. Only problem is, that's near Kidderminster. Probably too far to walk home from there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy