Author Topic: ingleby st photos.  (Read 399 times)

themagician

ingleby st photos.
« on: October 28, 2016, 09:28:33 AM »
looking for any photos of 3 court which was down the alley way at the left side of the White Swan a mitchells & butler pub on ingleby st. The court comprised of court yard with 4 houses in it,one on each corner of the court ,with one outside toilet/wash room.which was on the left middle of the yard.used to be a young lad who lived first house on the right who had tortoises in his garden.if you turn left leaving the alley down to the corner of the roadthere was a sweet shop,turn left again follow the road then left again there was a schooli went to ,anyone know the name of the school.
thankyou all.

mikejee

Re: ingleby st photos.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:50:51 AM »
Judging from the 1950 map it must have been Steward St School

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »
Sorry I can't locate a photo of the court, but here is a photo of the White Swan, and I dare say the passage to the left leads to the court in question. Mike can always check on his map for you if you are not sure yourself, as I am only assuming.
Make Love Not War

mikejee

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:19:39 AM »
I think you have got the court no. wrong. I'm sure you would not be wrong about the court being by the side of a pub. The map c1950 shows that the court behind the White Swan is court 2. Court 3 is further up , and has no pub at the end of the entry

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
Mike

I couldn't quite make out the court number on the photo, but as "themagician" stated it was to the left of the pub I just assumed it was the one in question. As you state Mike court three was quite a little way from the pub in the other direction.
Make Love Not War