Author Topic: Pitfield road tile cross  (Read 427 times)

soulsister1949

Pitfield road tile cross
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »
Hi there. Im hoping to find someone who lived in Pitfield road,tile cross, in the early 50,s. I lived in the prefabs right by the pit.at number 9. My neighbours were the Jaggs,and Gilberts. I was about 10yrs old when we left but i would dearly love a pic to have to show my family where i grew up very happily. The prefabs have long gone,but i have wonderful memories of a great road,great neighbours. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

townie

Re: Pitfield road tile cross
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »

Soulsister. Have a look at thread Tile Cross there are 17 pages on Tile Cross plus photos so you never know you may find someone you know.

RobertD posted this. I lived at 6 Pitfield Road about 1960-1964, I remember a Mary R(andall? I think) same age as me, went to Saltley Grammar. I went to Sir Wilfs. I remember the 2 sandpits as the places to cycle. Need to prompt my memory to remember other people's names.

All the best townie.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

[email protected]

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:48:35 AM »
Hi soulsister1949 I lived in Fastmoor oval at back of school wonderful memories of growing up in the prefab.   You mention the Gilbert's would that have been Bill and florrie and daughters Eileen and Joyce and later Brenda sadly Eileen died when her nighty caught fire they were my hubby aunt uncle and cousins.

Ted morris

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Hi I lived in Pitfield rd from 1949 to 53 lived in number 23 I'm 81 now and live in wales Name Ted Morris get in touch :)