Author Topic: Brum in 70"s  (Read 2278 times)

paul Duff

Brum in 70"s
« on: December 06, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
New book Not Too Bad

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Brum in 70"s
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:33:45 PM »
Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum, without giving too much detail such as price and where it can be purchased as that would be advertising and that is not allowed on this forum. Can you tell us a little about the book and perhaps who the author is, as there are a multitude of books about Birmingham in the 70's about.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

cherie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:19:56 AM »
anyone got any pics of the off licence on the high st in kings heath, 1970s. Not born in brum bt moved into silver st jst before 6yrs old. Had 6th bday party on footpath outside my house and moved into off licence not long after. changed monetary in 1971...helped my parents change all the prices. got pics of old house bt would love to see pic of off licence with the huge annoying clock on the wall by upstairs window, drove us mad when trying to sleep lol

townie

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »
Hi Cherie  do you have a name for this off licence? or number?
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

GardenGerald

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 02:13:26 PM »
Hello Townie
Great to see you posting. Can you help me.
2 groups in Birmingham I heard of but knew nothing about, They held meetings near Snow Hill Station at licensed premises.
The Oddfellows Club and Pothouse Politicians.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Gerald.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 03:16:12 PM »
anyone got any pics of the off licence on the high st in kings heath, 1970s. Not born in brum bt moved into silver st jst before 6yrs old. Had 6th bday party on footpath outside my house and moved into off licence not long after. changed monetary in 1971...helped my parents change all the prices. got pics of old house bt would love to see pic of off licence with the huge annoying clock on the wall by upstairs window, drove us mad when trying to sleep lol

Hi Cherie

Welcome to the forum, would that have been the My Cellar off sales that changed to Wine Market Ltd in the early 70's at 95 to 97 High Street just by the junction of Popular Road. If that's the place then the building is still there today but it's no longer an off licence. Sorry I'm unable to locate a photo at the moment, but I'll have another deeper search later and see what I can come up with, but in the meantime perhaps someone else might have what you are looking for.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy