Author Topic: Good city views  (Read 2194 times)

MEng

Good city views
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »
I'm taking a girl out for a date in Birmingham soon. I'd like to take her somewhere to look at the evening skyline. Can anyone think of some good locations for this? Perhaps a publicly accessible skyscraper?

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Good city views
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
Hi Meng

Welcome to the forum, try Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill at the top of the Cube It gives a good view over Birmingham.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

MEng

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:03:40 PM »
try Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, Bar & Grill at the top of the Cube It gives a good view over Birmingham.

Thank you for your welcome.
Does the Cube have some lookout spots which don't require you to dine in the restaurant?

Joewoen

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »
The roof garden at the central library. Check closing time of course. I think it's about 21:00.

Spud

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
Go the whole hog MEng book the Penthouse Suite at The Hyatt
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

MEng

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »
Go the whole hog MEng book the Penthouse Suite at The Hyatt

Haha  ;D  Maybe when I finally become rich...

MEng

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 07:18:13 PM »
The roof garden at the central library. Check closing time of course. I think it's about 21:00.

The website says the full service closes at 5pm, but there are "LoB Express" services available until 9pm. Do you know if that means the roof garden closes at 5 or not?

wam

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »
I'm taking a girl out for a date in Birmingham soon. I'd like to take her somewhere to look at the evening skyline. Can anyone think of some good locations for this? Perhaps a publicly accessible skyscraper?

It may sound stupid but there's a branch of Curry's on Belgrave Rd./Highgate Rd. on the middleway and you can see most of the city from the car park. I know it's not a skyscraper or even sheltered but it is one of the better city skyline views.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »
MEng

If you are looking to do it on the cheap then why not the Lickey Hills, Egghill Lane Frankley or even Barr Beacon Great Barr they all give spectacular views of Birmingham. You also might find this thread of interest.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Joewoen

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 02:11:28 PM »

The website says the full service closes at 5pm, but there are "LoB Express" services available until 9pm. Do you know if that means the roof garden closes at 5 or not?

Sorry MEng, unable to help with that, you will need to do some reconnaissance to be really sure.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy