Author Topic: Where to Live  (Read 7124 times)

townie

Re: Where to Live
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »
As wrong as it may be. People murdered on buses, old age pensioners stoned in taxis. Murdered for sun bathing in the city centre. This is just to name a few. People should try turning on the tele now and again they might see what is happening in the real world. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion although others that are not so clued up on local events may disagree, this is either down to lack of knowledge or pure ignorance. 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 10:28:38 PM »
As wrong as it may be. People murdered on buses, old age pensioners stoned in taxis. Murdered for sun bathing in the city centre. This is just to name a few. People should try turning on the tele now and again they might see what is happening in the real world. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion although others that are not so clued up on local events may disagree, this is either down to lack of knowledge or pure ignorance.

What have lack local of knowledge or even pure ignorance got to do with events and crimes that are happening all over the world, not just Birmingham? Pick up any local paper for any town or city in the UK and you will see stories reported the same as above. We know Birmingham & the West Midlands comes much further down in the list of reported crimes than other conurbations. So why do we get so much bad press? I'm sure I have more local knowledge of what is happening in Birmingham than those who no longer live here.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

townie

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »

What have lack local of knowledge or even pure ignorance got to do with events and crimes that are happening all over the world, not just Birmingham? Pick up any local paper for any town or city in the UK and you will see stories reported the same as above. We know Birmingham & the West Midlands comes much further down in the list of reported crimes than other conurbations. So why do we get so much bad press? I'm sure I have more local knowledge of what is happening in Birmingham than those who no longer live here.

What has other towns or city's got to do with what this thread is about? It started out trying to advise a member of the best and safest places to live in Birmingham. I pointed out what was happening in Birmingham. 

Spud

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »
Brum Home Seeker
Looking at your budget and your requirement for a Rail Link perhaps Acocks Green or Tyseley may suit. Both have Stations linking to Birmingham and Solihull where you could pick up a London Bound Train. Marston Green may also be suitable. Some London Trains do actually stop at Marston Green
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

GardenGerald

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2017, 11:37:25 AM »
Hello Spud
Tyseley and Acocks Green...Terraced house for around £150.000  Semi Detached or Detached over £200.000
Marston Green  Starting price £225.000
These are the prices quoted by Zoopla.
Going to be difficult to find a 3 broomed house for £200.000. I have looked on Zoopla a few times this week to see what was about and prices.
Pershore Road, Evesham has terraced house for £140.000. These are old but nice houses and not a bad place to live, plus Railway Station.
Best wishes
Gerald.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2017, 11:45:34 AM »

I've looked at Blackwell, Sutton Coldfield, Redditch, Studley, Tamworth, AlveChurch, Curdworth, Knowle, Mosely and I cannot afford to live here on my budget. 

Yes getting back to the main theme, take a look at these. They all come within your budget and they are places that you have indicated that would be acceptable.

One piece of advice I would give is although you can use forums like this and what you may read elsewhere for general advice on an area. Make sure that before you make any decisions that you spend a few hours walking and driving around the area meeting and talking to locals and getting their take on the area.  Always remember that the views expressed on here by posters are their personal opinion and likes (including my own) and may not concur with your own. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=REGION%5E226&insId=3&radius=0.0&minPrice=&maxPrice=200000&minBedrooms=3&maxBedrooms=&displayPropertyType=&maxDaysSinceAdded=&_includeSSTC=on&sortByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType=&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1116&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1314&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000&includeSSTC=false

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E17614&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000&includeSSTC=false&dontShow=sharedOwnership%2Cretirement

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1298&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000&includeSSTC=false&dontShow=sharedOwnership%2Cretirement

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1291&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=200000&includeSSTC=false&dontShow=sharedOwnership%2Cretirement

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

GardenGerald

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »
Afternoon
Very pleased to see Phil agree with me about having a good look round and speak to people. Look around in the evenings as well.
I have spotted 2 houses for sale in Castle Bromwich for about £200.000 but if you look check the route of HS2. It will run through part of Castle Bromwich.
Best of luck
Gerald.

townie

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »
I have been following this thread and I see Brum Home Seeker who wanted help from forum members did register on January 20, 2017, at 09:09:22 AM. and was last active January 20, 2017, 11:23:03 AM that's a total of 2 hrs. So has it been worth all the disagreements? Now I don't know if anything happened to Brum Home Seeker or not after 2hrs, lets hope not.

pat11

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 08:08:01 PM »
I have noticed that house prices in the Birmingham area have shot up in the last 12 months.  To be honest you would be hard pushed to find a 4 bedroomed house in a nice area for £200,000, that is unless you are prepared to accept a renovation property.

Before making your choice it might be wise to look at the website police.uk which show the crime figures for a particular road/street when you type in the postcode.

At the end of the day, if after all this you have made the wrong choice its not the end of the world, you can always move.
Kindness is the best feature

Spud

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »
Yes that sounds about right Pat to think we paid £16k for our place it must be close being worth 20 times that .
Back to the original question. My Grand Daughter bought her first house about 18 months ago for around £160k for a 3 bed Semi in the Oltom/Acocks Green area must have gone a bit by now but might worth a look Olton Railway Station only a few minutes walk away
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
Spud & Pat

As I said at the beginning of this thread our friend would be hard put finding a 4 bed property anywhere in Birmingham for under £200,000. Though he should be able to find a 3 bed property without any great problem, though the poster is looking for a new build property which makes things even harder.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy