Author Topic: Tinnitus Information Day (FREE Event)  (Read 3982 times)

BTA

Tinnitus Information Day (FREE Event)
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

The British Tinnitus Association are coming to Birmingham for a FREE Tinnitus Information Day, all details are on the poster below with instructions on how you can book your place. Any questions just get in touch :)

townie

Re: Tinnitus Information Day (FREE Event)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:56:23 PM »
I had this complaint once it drove me mad for about 3 weeks and then it went as soon as it came. I really feel sorry for the people who suffer with this long term.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

BTA

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »
It can be really unpleasant, townie, glad you only had a short spell.

baz

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:20:38 PM »
It can be really unpleasant, townie, glad you only had a short spell.

I've had tinnitus for a number of years now, (my version sounds like escaping steam).
One medic told me it was caused by firing a very noisy rifle when I was in the army and another said that it's age related. Either way it's a damn' nuisance !

BTA

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »
Well whilst there isn't a cure as such there are a number of ways you can drastically improve things, all of which will be discussed and tried at the event. Everyone's tinnitus is different and it's a case of trying a method that suits you, regardless of how long you've had tinnitus you might find something that works great. Go to the link on the poster if you fancy it, Baz.

baz

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:03:51 PM »
Thanks BTA

townie

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »
I'm okay now thank god, but if anyone does suffer from this complaint I suggest if possible you attend. You don't want this all your life it will drive you insane if its the same as what I had. If I remember correctly mine came after a holiday which included a lot of swimming. Whether or not this was the cause I don't know.   

frederick

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »
I am a long term sufferer over fourty years I have leaned to live with it. When I first became a sufferer I almost felt suicidel through it. It came about with me from working in the noises car industry I did try to get compo but at that time you have to be deaf through it. But now we live in a nanny state I think people with it can claim now without being deaf. I have tryed to claim since but to many years have passed and I have been tost aside.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

townie

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »
Fred I don't know how you have learnt to live with this. I had it for about 3 weeks and it drove me mad. How you have lived with it for 40 years is beyond me I think I would have committed harry carry by now.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
Hi Fredrick,I suffer badly with Tinnitus ,I worked at Fishers (Cas. Brom ) for 10years in 1969-79 in E block on the Jaguar .All them sheet metal workers banging all night long drove me mad.The noise was terrific. Like you 7 years ago tried to get a bit of Compo. But they said because I had had been given an earring aid it was to late.Never had ear muffs in them days.Take care Edmund
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy