Author Topic: 1965 to 1969 I went to Ward End Hall.  (Read 1490 times)

cistec

1965 to 1969 I went to Ward End Hall.
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:02 AM »
I was a pupil at Ward End High school. My name is Fizal I was there when Mr Hewitt? was a teacher, Mr Catell was music teacher? The people I remember was Mark Holloway?, Phil Conerlley? Clive Cartright, Averil Wragg? I may have mispelled the names but close.

I have moved around the world since then and now to live in Sydney Australia from 1988. I never normally post anything from my past but my kids think I should before I miss the chance and i agree. So to anybody that is still alive and remember the years and 1965-1969
post on here. I vaguely remember there was a colored guy nicknamed Herman Munster (big built).

Moira Gomes

Re: 1965 to 1969 I went to Ward End Hall.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »
Faisal?? Your hairdressing in Birmingham on Corporation Street? You introduced me to henna!! How are you?? What children? Australia- that's great!

Lynne5555

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »
Hi, Dave Hewitt was my teacher for 3yrs, truth be told I thought he was a bully, I remember the name Avril Wragg.... I left in 1971.

Moira Gomes

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 11:23:26 PM »
Ok that means you are younger than me. I remember Hewitt as a games teacher but never had him for lessons. He seemed intimidating...

Trueblue

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
I realise this is an old thread but i have only just seen it so i thought i would reply to it. I wet to Ward End Hall from 1965 to 1970, when i left to join the Royal Navy. Mr Haynes was the headmaster then with Mr Howells as vice head, Miss Brennan taught English i think, Mr Sibley taught Science and Music, Mr Drew, who seemed to be about seven feet tall taught Metalwork and Mr Woodward did woodwork. I remember Mr Hewitt well as i was in the rugby and basketball teams and he was the p.e teacher.I think that outside school he played football for Sutton United. I remember quite a few people from those days, the coloured guy you remember as Herman Munster i am almost sure you must mean Walter Herman, he was a friend of mine and in my class, we played in the same rugby team. A few more names for you. Ray Blake, Graham Legg, Stephen Bowles, Paul Flash, Paul Nichols, Kenny Hopton, Alan Peachey, Eddie Underhill, John Weston (me),Robin Hall( who played basketball for England when he was there.) There were quite a few others who have faded from memory im afraid, it was nearly fifty years ago after all, I live in Plymouth now and havent been back to Brum since 1989. I used to live in Warren Rd.

MadgeIris

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 07:11:17 AM »
Hello Lynne
I went to Ward End Hall, from 1966 to 1971.
My name was Madge Shorter.
Some of the names I remember,
Elaine Neal
Robin Hall
Graham Legg

Teachers I remember
Mr Price
Mrs Beasley
Mr Hewitt
Mr Sibley

And  of course you Lynne .
I hope you see this post, so we can re connect x