Author Topic: Post office and stores portway  (Read 5110 times)

Spud

Re: Post office and stores portway
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »
Phil if you still doubt my word take a look at Alcester Road Portway on Google Images there are pictures of both premises on the same page and you will clearly see the difference  in the buildings different bay windows for example,
Each has a different Post Code B48HT for The restaurant B487HZ for the Kennels. More info Portway Restaurant opened as a Restaurant in 1984 and the Kennels opened in 1987. As you still seem to be in some doubt just take a look on  Google Earth with the Post Codes and there is no doubt that there is two separate buildings about 50 yards apart.
The Kennels are currently up for sale with Rightmove and described as a 4 Bed Bungalow.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Post office and stores portway
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
Spud

When I first looked at this I was completely in the dark so I was looking in completely the wrong place, but now I know where the post office was it's a lot easier. The two disputed buildings are in fact next door to each other. If we first look at the map we can see the post office clearly marked PO is the 3rd building from the Rose & Crown junction. Then look at the overhead map and count the buildings. The second one is the Portway Restaurant and the third one is the Kennels picture attached.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy