Author Topic: Brums curry houses - a call out.  (Read 803 times)

aerosolarabic

Brums curry houses - a call out.
« on: March 11, 2017, 03:41:22 PM »
Hi
I've embarked on a project which documents the story of curry houses in the city going back to the early ones in the 40's/50/60's. Its called Knights of the Raj.  I have trawled through this forum and come across a few threads on Brums curry houses.[/size]  I am putting together a 3 month long exhibition to take place at Birmingham Museum which tells this important story of how Birmingham was home to these wonderful curry houses.   [/size]
I have seen some old photos of curry houses posted in various threads, so would love to get high resolution scans of some of these pictures to feature in the exhibition.  I'm also looking to capture the stories and memories of these places, which some of you have told already here in your posts.  I would love to capture these further, either by being written up, or even by audio recording if possible.   Please share what you can, and do contact me directly if you are willing to share whatever you have.

Here are the oldest one's that i'd love to hear more about:

Johns Restaurant / Cafe - Steelhouse Lane
Shalimar
Taj mahal
Shah Jahan
Jinnah Restaurant - Moseley Road

Thank you
Mohammed Ali
Knights of the Raj Project [/size]

My email is knightsoftheraj(at sign)soulcityarts.com[/font]

Edmund Fifield

Re: Brums curry houses - a call out.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:52:40 PM »
Used to go to a Indian restaurant with my brother in Steelhouse Lane in the 56-57 era think it was called the TAJ MAHAL. First one I had ever been in .
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy