Author Topic: Cannon Hill Park  (Read 97065 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Cannon Hill Park
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
hi Phil
it does not look much like i remember it on the left there was a waterfall and a deep hole that you could swim in
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

john2000

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2012, 12:00:38 PM »
Who remembers playing here as kids, and hands up those who remember that ramp being much bigger when we clambered up its slippery slope to the top, or was it that we were just that much smaller then. It's fenced of now and out of reach to kids. Health and safety gone mad.
Phil, are you sre about this photo,? is it the wrong way round, or is it because I've been away so long I have forgoten how it was,,J2
Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

frederick

« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »
Phil,
That's not the water fall I remember I could walk behind it.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Fred and john on the left it was the river Rea on the right it was the bournbrook that ran by the side of the paddling pool
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »
Sorry lads but it's the right place, things have just changed over the years. Sorry to shatter your illusions.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

charliewag

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »
Phil
         I must say,It's a Lovely picture.

Charliewag
Don't Compare your life with Others--
You have No idea what their Journey is all about.

trapio

« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »
Good photo Phil thanks...

...but it is different in almost every way.

trapio
Integrity is non negotiable

wam

« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
As far as I am aware the open air arena that is part of the MAC is still standing. In fact I understand it was supposed to feature in this weekends Olympic torch celebrations or perhaps they were talking about another arena in the park?

Sorry, I missed this before. When they have big events in Cannon Hill Park they turn the big space on the other side of the lake from the mac into an "arena" of sorts with a stage at one end. I didn't get to see the event at the beginning of the month (pop groups for the little kids - all ticket) where they ran the torch through but that's probably what they meant by the arena.

speedy

« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
Who remembers playing here as kids, and hands up those who remember that ramp being much bigger when we clambered up its slippery slope to the top, or was it that we were just that much smaller then. It's fenced of now and out of reach to kids. Health and safety gone mad.
Hi phil the photo is deceiving as there should have been another water fall on the left hand side because as a youngster i slipped on the slime down the central deviding wall and fell under the water fall and my sister had to get me out as i was only about seven or eight at the time plus i banged my head on the way down. speedy

Shirley S

« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
My memories of Cannon Hill Park - I really don't know where to begin there are so many

The hot houses that are sadly no longer in use,

The model of the Elan Valley, such lovely times with my Dad telling me all about where the water came from,

The meteorite that actually wasn't - my Mom told us it was,

Pooh sticks on the bridge - didn't know it was called that then

The Pipe Band competitions - my family from Bradford used to come each year and play, my uncle played the big base drum, I love the sound of bagpipes and drums

My little brother falling in the lake and being pulled out by my father

Being caught with my brother by the Wag Man

More recently going to see Leila Majnu by Sampad - like an Indian version of Romeo and Juliet

and many many more...

Thanks for the memories

Shirley

jackie robbins

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »
happy days ,lazy Sunday afternoons with the boy friends ,and the portable radio . loved the tulip festival and the fair ,that was my teenage years ,before that all the older kids in the street had to take there siblings to the paddling pool all through the summer holidays ,we all had about 5 kids with us a bottle of lemonade and bread and jam for lunch and a 2 mile walk to get there ,ohh happy days ,!!!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy