Author Topic: Cannon Hill Park  (Read 96885 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Cannon Hill Park
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 04:38:45 PM »
denise,

Droitwich thats the one I meant when I mentioned Bromsgrove. I went there myself a couple of times. I'm sure I have seen somewhere that there is a possibility that it may reopen.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »
That would be good Phil. :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 05:17:07 PM »
denise

do you have these two postcards in your collection?   Can anybody tell me is the glacial boulder still there, and do they still plant that raised flowerbed each year with different designs?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

denise

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »
Phil what great postcards.

Was the crown to celebrate the coronation?

I do not know about the glacial boulder I will have to have a look next time I visit

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »
denise

The crown flower bed looks a bit dated for our current Queens coronation, it could have been King Edwards, but I think it more likely to be one of Queen Victoria's jubilee's.

As far a finding out about the glacial boulder, I really must make an effort myself this summer and take myself down there to have a look myself.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
Phil, I'll ask my husband if it's still there, as he's been much more recently than me.

thanks for adding that picture of the paddling pool where the Nature Centre is now. I don't think I knew about that (although am not sure).

Mom used to take us to the Small Heath Park paddling pool, and I used to like the concrete ship in the middle.

I remember the Lido at Sutton Park, we took the kids when they wre little and even Dave, my husband, went in, (although we may have only had one child then).
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

mazbeth

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 06:20:40 PM »
he says the boulder is still there...by the lake.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Jacqueline

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 10:09:39 PM »
What about the mini museum by the gates of cannon hill park. The aborted baby in the pickle jar...as we called it then freaked us out and stayed in mine and my  friends minds far longer than any sex education of the 60's.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 10:23:43 PM »
Jacqueline

I remember the natural history museum, the building is still there its the entrance to the nature centre. I don't remember any pickled baby's.  I remember all the stuffed animals and birds, I suppose they got rid of those when it was decided they weren't very PC. but pickled baby's are a new one on me.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Jacqueline

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 10:33:29 PM »
Phil, Honest it was there in the late 60's was about an 8 or 10 week featus..bet i spelt that wrong.
A small pink body with tiny arms and legs.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
Well Jacqueline as my old grandpappy used to say "you learn something new every day".

Mazbeth thanks for the update on the boulder, when we were kids we were sure that it was a meteorite that had hit the area where the park is and the lake was the crater that it made when it hit. Just shows the rubbish kids will believe.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy