Author Topic: Cannon Hill Park  (Read 96884 times)

jasper14

Re: Cannon Hill Park
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 10:30:35 AM »

I feel I did long ago visit Cannon Hill Park to view Tulips but that is,nt what
is on my mind,  I seem to remember a park named   Cripple Gate Park
can anyone tell me where it is,  I have a feeling about Worcester or
Leamington Spa.......they had a garden of perfumed plants for the blind ,
the labels all printed in Braille,its funny how one thing gets the grey matter
working...

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »
Jasper

There is a Cripplegate Park in the City of Worcester, its quite near to the County Cricket Ground.  Whilst I have visited Worcester on many occasions I am ashamed to admit I don't remember ever walking around this park. Although I have to admit it looks beautiful from the outside.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Jacqueline

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
Anyone remember the parachute drop that went wrong?

There were strong winds and a few missed their target at Cannon Hill. From memory one landed in the pebble mill complex and another on the top of a double decker bus. ;D

I do not think any were too seriously injured apart from a broken leg. Cannot remember the year...anyone?

mazbeth

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 04:52:08 PM »
my mom in Cannon Hill park in the 50's (dad would have taken this)

that'll be near the main entrance

sensible shoes  ::)
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

denise

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »
That is a lovely picture :)

Jacqueline

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »
Maz that is super. You could not tell the era by your moms suit as they remained standard fashion for years but the car in the background certainly dates it. ;)

mazbeth

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »
Maz that is super. You could not tell the era by your moms suit as they remained standard fashion for years but the car in the background certainly dates it. ;)
yes, that's what I thought...and my dad even had a couple of cars like that which he used to crank up (years after they died out).

she was no slim thing, but like me had a nipped in waist (although you can't tell there)...but, unlike me, she was fairly tall.

I have some nicer pictures of her where you can see how beautiful she was (still is to me).
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
mazbeth

I cannot but note, how similar in appearance you are to your mother. Compared to the wedding photo you published earlier it could be the same person with just maybe a few years in between.

Phil.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 01:15:13 PM »
Who was the young lady who said in one of her posts, that she liked to sit here outside the restaurant watching all the young men pass by. mazbeth your mother could have called here the day she had the photo taken.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »
wow that looks different.
My husband started work there 2 days after we were married in '88 when it was called the Squirrels...don't know if it still is...
it was working there that is part of the cause of his back problems, as lifting the heavy corrugated window screens each night to fit in place, put his back out.

The couple that owned?  it then were very nice, they invited us to an anniversary party of theirs held there one night.

mazbeth

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »
photo of me taken by my husband in Cannon Hill park in spring '89 (when pregnant with first child).

and one I took of him same day

it was a hot day as you can see  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy