Author Topic: Buddy holly  (Read 614 times)

tamworthbrummie

Buddy holly
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »
Good morning,can anyone remember Buddy Holly appearing in Birmingham town hall in 1958? He appeared with other artists who we have forgotten any help would be appreciated

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Buddy holly
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »

hi and welcome to the forum

buddy holly 

As I write this, I’m looking at the tour programme, and it makes bizarre reading. The evening was hosted by Des O’Connor, “the comedian with the modern style”. Also on the bill were Ronnie Keene and his Orchestra, The Tanner Sisters and “Pye Nixa recording star” Gary Miller. In the second half, a medley sung by O’Connor including Oh You Beautiful Doll and Shine on Harvest Moon was followed by Holly and the Crickets, who in turn were followed by God Save the Queen.
Their set lasted about half-an-hour and consisted of “items selected from” a list of
ten songs, which included Rock Around with Ollie Vee (I’ve always thought Ollie Vee would be a good name for a band) as well as classics like That’ll be the Day and Peggy Sue and a song I don’t recognise called Almost Paradise.

buddy at the town hall

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

tamworthbrummie

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
Thank you Roy, that's probably why my wife couldn't remember who else was on  with him
Mind you she was only fifteen, and her memory isn't as good as it was, I think it's called old age!!!
We went to the Alex on Wednesday to see the Buddy Holly Story it was brilliant. :D

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
 wife and I go to the lives shows and some years back we went to see the buddy holly story  in Birmingham at the end of the night folk was up out of there seats dancing  I remember buddy getting killed in the plane crash  sad loss I still play his music
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy