Author Topic: Tracy Farr from Canada.?  (Read 2016 times)

Gerry Taylor

Tracy Farr from Canada.?
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »
In a post I made a couple of years ago, reference RICHARDS of ASTON a Birmingham Butchers, I received a response from Tracy Farr, who is my Godfathers Grandaughter.
Tracy lives out in Canada, and it would lovely to touch base with her. I am Gerry Taylor.
Is there any way that the Moderators could advise Tracy that I responded to her message, albeit a little late. Teddy Farr was my Godfather.
Thanks.
Gerry.
You can see her reply to my picture on the forum.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Tracy Farr from Canada.?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »
Hi Gerry

There isn't any way that anybody on the forum can contact Tracy directly because no one is privy to her email address. Your best option is to send her a message through the forums messaging system and if she is still using the email address she joined the forum with then a copy of the message will automatically be forwarded to her. This is the only advice I can give you and it has worked before for others.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Gerry Taylor

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:55:56 PM »
Thanks Phil....Just sent it. Many thanks. Gerry

TFarr

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »
Hi Gerry,[/font][/size]

The forum will not let me reply to your email message or send you my email address.  There must some sort of glitch. I would like to correspond with you. Regards, Tracy Farr-Sullivan

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »

T Farr

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm afraid you will not be able to answer or send messages to other members until you have made a minimum of five posts to the forum.

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Gerry Taylor

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »

T Farr

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm afraid you will not be able to answer or send messages to other members until you have made a minimum of five posts to the forum.
Hi Tracy! Ok I guess them's da rules. Meanwhile, I knew Teddy, he was my Dads boss for many years Tracy, I mean he was working for Ted, well before the war,and then just before he was called up in 1939, he was running Teds BEECHES ROAD shop, in Great Barr, and all the while he was away in Italy, Ted kept his job open for him! Dad thought the world of Teddy Farr. Then after the war, Richards the Pork Butchers in Aston, on Bracebridge Street corner with High Street, was bought by Ted, and it became Farr & Smith ( I never met Mr. Smith). More later Tracy. So pleased you got in touch. Gerry.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 10:06:21 PM »
Gerry

You can always send Tracy another message through the forum with your email address so that she can contact you direct. The last one obviously reached her.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Gerry Taylor

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
Gerry

You can always send Tracy another message through the forum with your email address so that she can contact you direct. The last one obviously reached her.
Thanks mate. I will do that. G.

TFarr

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »
Hi Gerry,
Would you by chance be any relation to Percy Taylor?? He was a photographer when my family lived in Birmingham in the 1940's. I also know he was a FreeMason with my Grandad. Taylor was also my Nana's maiden name.  I just recently found out some information that has me related to Percy and his family. Any information would be appreciated.
Regards,
Tracy

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
Hi Tracy

I have no personal knowledge of Percy Taylor though I can tell you that his business was Taylor Press Services of 366 Soho Road, Handsworth. That also may have been his home address as well. Unforetunately the premises have now been demolished and replaced by a modern building.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

TFarr

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »
The Percy Taylor I am refering to was a photographer.  Taylor's Photography, 366, Soho Road, Handsworth, Birmingham,  21.  I will take a picture of the back of an old photograph of my dad and send it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy