Author Topic: Trying to trace Alison from Sutton Coldfield who was a reggae fan - 1969-70  (Read 4212 times)

townie

Just how many people were at this bus stop and overhear your conversation?

townie
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Angela58

Thank you Phil for your advice as it is most appreciated. :)
Her surname at that time was Craggs, and I actually know which month her birthday is in, astrological sign, and the approximate date as well.

Tarra for now

Angela

There are more things in heaven and earth than this world dreamt of

townie

Angela. Why don't you give us the names of the other people at the bus stop if there were any males it would be a easier to trace them. Mind you if there still waiting for the bus they might enjoy a ham sandwich. Jackanory was designed to stimulate an interest in reading. I hope Alison also enjoyed people like Tony Tribe, Ken Parker, Desmond Decker, Jimmy Cliff. I could go on for hours but that's not what the thread is about. Please let us know if you find her and nobody has managed to twist her mind into liking U B 40.  :(

townie
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Angela58

A summary of my novel has now been written.

Angela58

Search for Alison Craggs continues...If it is to be, she’ll get in touch
So much has happened to Pat that it would take a long time to write all the chapters on this website.
I have summarized the key points here to help you understand the story, and I agree with Phil that some people will find it incomprehensible as I have already come across this when I have told a few people. It won’t, of course, be written in the style you have seen but in a more spiritual way in the actual book.  You may need to make yourself a cup of tea or whatever before reading this:

In September 2015, despite officers telling person x that there was nothing whatsoever on Pat, person x decides to sign a statement to advise that Pat would commit a crime in the future which is based on nothing at all.  Pat was 56 at the time, and she heard most of it from her flat.

The Bus Stop conversation, previously mentioned, incongruously commenced the investigation which in a nutshell was about life around that particular neighbourhood.  No names were ever exchanged with the lady in her 50s at the bus stop whatsoever or even information about where Pat lived.  However, some information about where Pat once worked was, and this was relayed virtually all over the area concerned in an attempt to identify where she lived when the officials came round to investigate.  The woman at the bus stop might have been an off duty police officer. 

Pat must have also been followed home after her day out by the coast at the time she returned to the bus station for officers to establish her location.  After the described statement, she was mainly followed when she went out, such as on buses.  A conversation was, on one occasion, actually reported back to person x who was making these false allegations.  One conversation with Pat, on the whole, was about how a fellow passenger had to use a private health provider to obtain a correct diagnosis for something! Comment: totally irrelevant to anything but indicated that they were deliberately snooping on her. People did tend to have conversations with Pat when she was out and about which consisted of trying to put the world to rights at times.
It was reported that 2 ladies who Pat spoke to at a local church fete in October 2015 came forward to officials, allegedly, according to one visit that person x received.  When the people concerned spoke to an official, they advised that Pat seemed very much at ease, and that she had bought some cooking apples.  One of the ladies, I understand, lived within the vicinity concerned. Comment:  It seems people in the area were asked to observe Pat.

Pat’s friend who we shall call Arthur was informed about all of this as were some people they thought could help.  Arthur came to the rescue to help Pat return to the south, and this was on the cards anyway.  Pat had to then vacate her property by a specific date.  Arthur had to cancel his own arrangements to stand by her with all this going on, and travelled 200 miles to carry out the rescue operation.  Still no officials had ever contacted Pat.  Arthur definitely believed her because she knew all Pat wanted to do was get on with her Human Resources course, visit pretty gardens, and enjoy life.
To try to help her pack her things in this county with all this going on, Pat decided to put some uplifting and energising music on one Sunday afternoon a week before leaving there, such as The Dambusters.  Because of this, there was another accusation made and it was not related to noise!  It was rare for her to play it at an audible volume but she did not want to hear any more nonsense any more from a certain nearby location.
A few days after The Dambusters music, she had left the area, and breathed a sigh of relief.  Saying that though, she got along with many members of the community there.

Pat decided to do some temporary work soon after her return to the south, and she had the usual police checks for such a job but then there must have been some internal police checks done as well.  At one time during a particular job she was standing near some people who were having a conversation about the tough time Pat had experienced in a certain place, and how when one accusation did not work out, another followed.  It seemed soon that almost everyone at work knew, and it caused problems for her.  She did tell a line manager though who she was sure did not believe her at all due to her not being in the gossip loop.  However, some time after that, Pat passed a coffee shop in town, and the same off duty line manager said, ‘We all thought she was mad and hearing voices.  The cops eventually came to the office, and it was all true apparently’.  Pat was glad she said that.

Pat’s recent reminder about the pennies found, and how, according to an official, this could mean that a person is capable of a mafia type of crime 46 years later, or in the future, is beyond belief. It is called auto-suggestion and a way of trying to manipulate neighbours or others who tried to imply something to the officials in the first place.  They then use this to dig the dirt on someone.
Her friend Arthur just wants a happy and regular life in his retirement.  With all this going on, it is difficult because now he has to be there with Pat at her own place overnight due to the possibility of further attempts to set her up.  This is not fair on either of them.

It appears that mistakes were made in another county, and some individuals in 'authority' appear not to like the fact that Pat was aware of what was happening around her. It seems they have once again tried to use a law which is related to attempting to arrest someone on suspicion that they are likely to commit a crime in the future.   Pat also liked to keep up to date with the local news.

In addition, the use of the following information, scraped up from goodness knows where from 46 years ago, is just beyond belief!  However, someone who might have chatted to officials recently about the pennies might have done so with good intentions.

There were actually about 10 pennies found in 1971, as you know, and the rest of the pennies were Pat’s, not that this is the point at all.  Looking back as an adult now, all of that could have been handled differently then by the 2 detectives who turned up at the phone box, but it turned out all right in the end at the time, due to common sense prevailing. 

Moving on to 2017:  There was one matter which does concern Pat though and that  was the fact that the female official in one of the flats said to one of the residents, words to the effect, ‘Have a heart, how would you like it if you were worried if your mother was going to be alive or dead when you returned home from school due to domestic difficulties’.   She also added, 'Things that happened then can resurface in later life.....'.  Not that it is relevant or anyone's business. 

Pat and others think you are very nasty and the rest to divulge any such information to neighbours, true or not.  She thinks that you are supposed to represent upholding the law but you are not complying with it it. –Instead it appears you are trying to possibly provoke Pat by using neighbours. That won’t work.  However, it could be that you thought Pat was out, and could not possibly be overheard.
One of the female neighbours involved with this though said recently to a male, words to the effect, ‘But it wasn’t really the police officer who divulged this, it was the friend that knew her at that time’.
A male voice conveyed something like this, ‘Pat is right when she said in her flat that the police had no right to divulge this information, and do not mention to the local force that she likes reggae music either,- as that could mean they will try to find something else on her, and there will be another investigation’. Astonishing, but true!

There was also some mention in a loud voice from a younger sounding voice recently about Pat’s sister in law being her ex sister in law as her brother is now dead.
Pat wants the whole world to know that her older brother was successful, popular and kind.  If he were here now, he would definitely know what to do.  As for her parents, she loved them both, and she would say life has good times, as well as ups and downs.  Pat considered that she had a lot of good times with the family.
Pat even thinks that she would not put it beyond a certain official to happen to drive near Arthur’s place, and audibly say that she has put the story on the Birmingham Forum out of spite.
This saga has been going on for about 18 months now and so it is about time Pat tried to alert some more people. 
You could say all of this is like an SOS for Pat and the author wishes to take the character forward so that she has a good outcome.

Pat definitely needs a bulldog type of Fleet Street reporter to help the story along, and I need a publisher as well. You never know.  Will life be peaceful and happy once again for Pat?  Will it be busy and happy?  She could settle for the latter.

Life is not always perfect but at least Pat can say she has seen life and lived. Will the officials deny all knowledge about all of this?  Was there some sort of file in a West Midlands police station in some store room about a matter that was dropped 46 years ago?  Pat cannot believe that West Midlands police would comply with a request from another force to look into this with no actual basis for it. How did the official find out about a friend Pat once knew?  That is a mystery.  The important thing is Arthur and Pat know what happened, and so far there have been 3-4 different false allegations and possibly one insinuation leading nowhere.  Perhaps there were 2 separate investigations going on in the county where she once lived in 2015, one official one and the other unofficial?

Let’s hope good will prevail for Pat as that would be a victory.

Please note that Arthur & Pat are not anti-police as such, and they are both aware of the actual dangers the police face on a regular basis.  However, this story is to convey Pat’s experiences to her readers which shows she has been subjected to some corrupt investigation.

Thanks for reading it if you managed to get to the end of this summary. Good wishes to you all in Brum and everywhere.

Angela

Angela58

You need to read the previous posting from me to understand the following which will also be included in part of the novel in some way:-
Let’s recap: 
In Sep 2015, we have a false accusation about an alleged crime that is going to be committed by Pat in the future which led nowhere and when this did not work, 2 different false accusations were made that also did not lead anywhere.  Pat moves away from that county towards the end of Oct 2015 as this had been planned for some time. The police from that area, perhaps, only gave the police force in the south ½ of the information.  This force eventually contacts West Midlands police who advise them about the 1971 event at some stage.  Why this happened is beyond Pat unless something was said that was not true? 
Feb 2016:  Job problems due to information about false allegations passed on to a senior manager but police checks were fine and Pat has the original document for this.
April-May 2017:  Neighbours suggested a ‘taxing’ matter to the police force who then investigate on their behalf, and information is divulged to neighbours advising them that the police think she could be capable of a future major type of crime due to the 1971 event.  The actual investigation led nowhere apart from officials breaching the Data Protection Act etc...

More recent events around her vicinity include the following:-

One of the female neighbours involved with this seemed to convey very recently, words to the effect:  ‘The matter has now gone to the Chief of Police, and the ‘Super’ implied that when she is roused she is vicious.   She has shown this by posting information on the B’ham forum although it won’t attract that many views!'   Pat and Arthur have drawn their own conclusions, and think it is most inappropriate to describe such a thing as ‘vicious’.

It might be that the female official concerned who Pat spoke about, detailed in the last posting, has been summoned in front of the ‘Super’, and advised she should not have divulged any such information to neighbours, as the result could have meant that she would take her own life.  The possible reply could be something like this, ‘Sir, I thought that was the general idea because she was listening in to a police investigation’.   
Fortunately Pat can see through all of this, and has informed Arthur.

Will there be further corruption or will the female official concerned be arrested under the Breach of the Data Protection Act?  Will the people involved be sacked?  Was it the ‘Super’ himself or otherwise who possibly drove past Arthur’s house recently saying that Pat has put it all on the B’ham Forum out of spite?  Does the ‘Super’ possibly work in the same department as the neighbour?

Will the author manage to contact Alison to further assist her with the story about Pat and to fill in the missing pieces of the jigsaw?   If only Pat was still working in that place with the barristers, then just maybe, she could have asked for some expert legal advice from a ‘Rumpole’ type of character.
 Arthur is now intent on fighting this injustice as well, and is prepared to take the whole matter to the very highest level for Pat.  Pat is now singing, ‘Always look on the bright side of life ...’.  Arthur is doing some gardening and thinks Pat is amazing for working it all out.

Thank you for reading this and good wishes to you all,
Angela

Phil

• Account Closed
Angela

A couple of points,

(1) I do not see the police wasting time chasing crimes that may or may nor happen unless we are talking about the possibility of a serious event such as a terrorist crime or a murder.

(2) If the Birmingham Forum you mention is this one then it is the policy of the forum to remove any verbal attacks on other members or members of the public or unfounded allegations of the same ilk.

Angela

A Forum such as this,  is a place for discussion. So far your postings have been so cryptic that there has been precious little that is understandable enough for anyone to discuss. I think that if you haven't posted enough at this time for your friend to recognise herself then it's never going to happen.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Angela58

Thank you Phil, and I understand what you are saying.
Pat, the character in the novel, and myself are definitely 100% loyal to the UK et al.

Sometimes I have read novels which mirror life or part of life, and sometimes truth can be stranger than fiction.
The novel is about Pat's experiences, and I believe you understand that I am hoping for a good outcome for this character. 
I have come to the end of the messages now unless I get a breakthrough or helpful reply, and hopefully Alison will contact me one day via my email address.
There is one last thing I can do and that is to put a very short advertisement in the B'ham Mail.
At least I have tried then.

I am happy to discuss Ansells or Aston Villa on the Forum etc...

Angela

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy