Author Topic: Looking for Curley / Lugg relatives  (Read 639 times)

billmac999

Looking for Curley / Lugg relatives
« on: April 30, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »
Hi,
I am trying to construct my family tree, and am missing information about my aunt and uncle Mick and Annie Curley (Lugg). I remember visiting them in Birmingham in the late 60's, I think for my cousin's wedding, but I was only 6 or 7 years old at the time, so I don't remember much about the visit. (Except that a lady who worked at the Cadbury factory gave me a big bag of goodies... O0 )
I think they lived in Elmdale Crescent at that time, but that's a very vague (and possibly inaccurate) memory. Anyway, if anybody out there recognises them and would be happy to share any information, it would be most appreciated.
Many thanks.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Looking for Curley / Lugg relatives
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:05:24 PM »
Hi Billmac999

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry but I don't do genealogy but we have others on here that do so they might be able to assist you. I can tell you that there is an Elmdale Crescent in Northfield and it would have existed on the 60's as it still does today.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

billmac999

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 09:17:18 PM »
Hi Phil,
Thank you for your speedy reply.
Both my aunt and uncle were originally from Northern Ireland, and I have exhausted the genealogical research (under the 100 year rule) from that angle. I suppose I am hoping that, as the information I am looking for is more recent, maybe, on a very long shot, that someone recognises the family and might know just some little bits, which might help me to complete my family tree. It's really basic stuff that I'm looking for, such as names of children, if they moved away or stayed in Brum or emigrated and so on. Nothing that anyone would consider too personal or intrusive, I hope.

(I looked at Elmdale Crescent on Google maps, but, sadly, it didn't trigger any memories.)

Thanks,
Bill.

mikejee

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »
The online electoral rolls only go up to 1965, and you said late 1960s. but I thought it was worth looking, but there is no anne, ann or annie curley listed with a michael curley in them

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
billmac

Do you think it would be of any use for trying 192.com even though there would be a charge made as I see there are a couple of M Curleys listed in the Northfield area.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy