Author Topic: Doll's Club  (Read 563 times)

townie

Re: Doll's Club
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 12:09:19 PM »

Hi countrylad just found this.

The Nightingale nightclub
Camp Hill - the beginningThe club began when Laurie Williams and Derek Pemberton provided 600 to purchase the club's original premises in Camp Hill, which was a dilapidated Indian restaurant.  It was a terraced property where entertainment initially consisted of a jukebox.
It mentions Derek Pemberton I used to have a point with him in the Crown
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Ian Dalziel

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »
We always called it Les Dolls. We finished up there after my brother-in-law's stag party (could not afford to go to Bratislava then). Entered through a turnstile and audience helped to pull out the stage extension when it was time for the stripper to appear.
Beer was very expensive, 10 bob (50p) a pint so did not drink much there.

countrylad

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »
townie, I guessed we would come up with something about Nightingales with a quick look around.

I have dropped a note to a friend of mine in Brum re Nightingales, she was a great club goer in the 70's, she may remember some of the other sites where they traded.

Ian, I do remember the turnstile, and thought about it this morning, but as it is so long ago, I wasn't sure if I was mixing up with the turnstiles at the football ground. Mind you, it would have been a different show altogether depending on which turnstile you went through  :D [size=78%]   [/size]

Ian Dalziel

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 05:45:12 PM »
Probably not that different, both shows involve people posing around.

mikejee

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »
And both seem to often like taking their tops off and fondling each other