Author Topic: Living in Birmingham  (Read 1317 times)

MALKIN

Living in Birmingham
« on: July 02, 2017, 03:00:19 AM »

Many years ago, I used to live in this house and usually walked to the Maypole bus terminus to catch either the 48 or 50 bus in to the City. I bet the house looks different today.

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Living in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »

your house today

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

MALKIN

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
Wow, What a difference. Many thanks. My bedroom was the top left called the box room. Next door was a family called Mr & Mrs Paton.

Jocarter

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »
I lived in Dora Rd Small Heath from 1941 to 1952 when I came to Australia. I was 8 when we moved to Birmingham, now 84. Jo Cummings Carter

baz

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »
Many years ago, I used to live in this house and usually walked to the Maypole bus terminus to catch either the 48 or 50 bus in to the City. I bet the house looks different today.

Don't forget we could catch the 24 in Warstock too mate !
I've been straining my brain trying to figure out where 226 is then you mention living next door to Vi Paton. Got you now, last but one before the shops.
I lived in 210 in the 40s & 50s. Do you remember any names from those days, like Danks, Worseley or Buffery ?

MALKIN

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »

Hi Baz
Sure do remember the Danks. Worseley and Buffery. I new Barry Buffery I used to walk past there houses nearly every day when I visited my girlfriends house at 104. You must remember Alfie the window cleaner as well. he lived in the far corner of the island as we used to call it.
I had a brother Ken who worked for Watsonian Motor cycles. There was another family somewhere opposite where you lived called
Lowe. Jimmy and me were mates.another name that comes to mind was Mike Inskip in Denver Road . There was an Alan Bunting also who lived opposite us on the corner of Sladepool and Denver

Kind Regards
David Malkin

MALKIN

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »

Hi Baz.
One other name I remember was Mrs Mosedale. I'm sure she lived somewhere near you

baz

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
Blimey, I know every one of those names !
As soon as I've figured out how to do it, I'll drop you a pm mate.

MALKIN

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »

Hi Baz.

Many thanks. By the way my girlfriend who lived at 104 was Lorna Foulger. She and I often used to walk along the road with a very large white old English sheep dog.. There was also a family who lived around the island call Box. I think the boys name was Michael.
I used to go to Wheelers Lane Boys School and before that to Highters Heath Primary. Also went to Highters Heath Church.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy