Author Topic: Industrial Birmingham  (Read 13700 times)

Peg Monkey

Re: Industrial Birmingham
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2020, 11:44:15 AM »
I've just finished conducting some business over the phone with a young lady from Brazil who spoke English as a second language, (Portuguese her first), English is my second language (Brummie my first) - did we get the business sorted? I don't know for sure, I just kept saying yes and hoped for the best - I was warned the call would be recorded - wouldn't do em much good unless they've got a Brummie voice decoder installed.
Have a good day, in ertfud, erefud and ampshur..........
Peg.

Peg Monkey

Re: Industrial Birmingham
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2020, 11:53:31 PM »
Anybody been the victim of Fast-Tracking? I have, looking back I can't believe I didn't see it coming, but then again I couldn't have done much about it anyway.
Here's the irony, when the Londoners took over, the beneficiery and me (the victim) both got called into the new boss' office and were told We've completed our plan for the re-organisation and you don't form part of it.
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
Peg.
Is Fast Tracking obsolete? - It may be according to a recent TV report featuring a 20 year old who was appointed, straight from college, to the position of senior manager, apparently he possessed the very latest knowledge of Digital Media Platforms, which was crucial to the company's operation, it got me thinking.....will the Technological Revolution, which brings developments by the minute, shorten careers?
He who lives by the sword.........
Peg.
Link Fast track: http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=14299.msg698707#msg698707