Author Topic: Burials.  (Read 1323 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Burials.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »
Excuse the miss print I meant Roz

roz

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 08:35:06 PM »

Hi,'
I've looked online at Witton and he's not there.I emailed Margaret Wilson at Oscott and am waiting for her to get back to me.
I'm determined to find him,the trouble is when everybody passes away they take the info with them.
Why didn't I ask my mum when she was here.a case of If Only.
Roz

roz

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 08:36:42 PM »
Thanks Lyn
hi roz...your brother was born at heathfield road maternity hospital handsworth.. (now demolished)

the only old oscott lane i know to is the one in great barr and that is birmingham B44

i can tell you he is not at warstone lane or key hill cems..

lyn

astoness

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 06:46:05 AM »
hi roz dont take the online records for witton as gospel..they are not reliable as i found out..online telling me my grandad was not there but our mom knew he was so i phoned them up to double check and they found him...your best bet with them is to phone them up with the info they will then get back to you..also try yardley cem and handsworth cems (handsworth does have a catholic burial area) i am taking it that you are sure it was a burial and not a cremation..if you are not sure ask yardley to check both...roz i dont think that there is one of us who does not wish we had asked more questions when we could...

lyn

roz

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »
How true sadly.I'll try all you suggest and thanks to everyone.Its very frustrating.
hi roz dont take the online records for witton as gospel..they are not reliable as i found out..online telling me my grandad was not there but our mom knew he was so i phoned them up to double check and they found him...your best bet with them is to phone them up with the info they will then get back to you..also try yardley cem and handsworth cems (handsworth does have a catholic burial area) i am taking it that you are sure it was a burial and not a cremation..if you are not sure ask yardley to check both...roz i dont think that there is one of us who does not wish we had asked more questions when we could...

lyn

astoness

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 07:47:51 AM »
hi roz yes it is very frustrating..i have been looking for a 1935 still birth for years now...family say she was buried at warstone lane or key hill but there is no record of her there or at any other cem in birmingham so have come to the conclusion that she is somewhere in warstone lane or key hill but was most likely buried with someone else and her name was not put down in the records of burials..this happened quite a lot in those days so im afraid that her resting place will have to remain a mystery

can you let us know how you get on please...good luck

lyn

roz

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »
That's what I was thinking maybe he is in with someone else but not recorded but I don't know,just my imagination running riot.I am coming to Birmingham in December to see Phil Collins so I was hoping I could find him before then.I know that sounds naff but I could pay my respects as well.Thanks Lynn
hi roz yes it is very frustrating..i have been looking for a 1935 still birth for years now...family say she was buried at warstone lane or key hill but there is no record of her there or at any other cem in birmingham so have come to the conclusion that she is somewhere in warstone lane or key hill but was most likely buried with someone else and her name was not put down in the records of burials..this happened quite a lot in those days so im afraid that her resting place will have to remain a mystery

can you let us know how you get on please...good luck

lyn

astoness

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 09:43:36 PM »
still time roz dont give up and its not naff at all...but please phone up all the cems i have mentioned..my dads brother who died in 1941 aged 0 is at key hill in a public grave..he is buried with about 100 others but at least i know where he is...

lyn

roz

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
Thanks for caring if I don't solve it before December I will book a hotel and go to the library to search.He is out there somewhere.Roz
still time roz dont give up and its not naff at all...but please phone up all the cems i have mentioned..my dads brother who died in 1941 aged 0 is at key hill in a public grave..he is buried with about 100 others but at least i know where he is...

lyn

astoness

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 10:20:32 PM »
ok roz...keep us informed..fingers crossed O0

lyn

roz

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »
Hi I've got replys from Witton and Oscott.He's not in there.Will get in touch with the rest of the list next.I was wondering if Birmingham Cathedral would have records.Try anything me.
ok roz...keep us informed..fingers crossed O0

lyn