Author Topic: Burials.  (Read 5969 times)

Mogmeister

Re: Burials.
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »
Hi Roz
I am up town on Friday , and will do the lookup for you then , if Jo comes up with something in the meantime will you let me know please.

Mog.

roz

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:23 AM »
Of course I can't Thank everyone enough for their help.Let me know if you need to know anything else.Roz
Hi Roz
I am up town on Friday , and will do the lookup for you then , if Jo comes up with something in the meantime will you let me know please.

Mog.

Mogmeister

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 05:14:36 PM »
Hi Roz ,
No luck with the look up , however talking to the staff , they seem to be of the opinion that it might well be a cemetary in Sandwell , whose border is quite close to Highfield road , so tomorrow i will check with them , it they are not open i will do it Monday .

Mog .

roz

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »
Hi, Thanks so much for trying.The church hasn't been back to me as yet.Jo is in tomorrow so I will call her.I didn't know what you mean about Highfield Road. as I don't know the area.Rozquote author=Mogmeister link=topic=14320.msg600410#msg600410 date=1503072876]
Hi Roz ,
No luck with the look up , however talking to the staff , they seem to be of the opinion that it might well be a cemetary in Sandwell , whose border is quite close to Highfield road , so tomorrow i will check with them , it they are not open i will do it Monday .

Mog .

Mogmeister

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
Sorry Roz

I meant Heathfield Road , it is a 15 minute drive to the nearest cemetary which is in Sandwell

Mog .

roz

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »
Its a complete mystery.I'm stuck when I don't know the area.I hope you have a bit of luck.Thanks Roz
Sorry Roz

I meant Heathfield Road , it is a 15 minute drive to the nearest cemetary which is in Sandwell

Mog .

Potomac

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »
Hello Roz,

I have read that someone at St. Chads RC Cathedral has access to archives.  Might I suggest you contact either the Cathedral Dean or Cathedral Secretary who may be able to advise or point you in the correct direction.
The details of phone and e-mail are listed under 'who's who?' on the cathedral web site.

regards, Alan
best wishes,  Alan

roz

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:33 PM »
Thanks Alan I've phoned them and left a message for someone to ring me.I will ask all the questions when I speak to them probably tomorrow.Roz
Hello Roz,

I have read that someone at St. Chads RC Cathedral has access to archives.  Might I suggest you contact either the Cathedral Dean or Cathedral Secretary who may be able to advise or point you in the correct direction.
The details of phone and e-mail are listed under 'who's who?' on the cathedral web site.

regards, Alan

Mogmeister

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »
Hi Roz ,
Ive already contacted St Chads , and was told that either an onsite  researcher can be paid to carry out the work , or i can make an appointment and go  and look myself . Tomorrrow i am going to the Sandwell records offices , to do  a search there , if no luck i will make an appointment with St Chads and try there .

Mog .

roz

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2017, 09:27:11 PM »

You are an absolute star.We will have to meet in December so I can buy you dinner.If your not offended.
He must be listed somewhere.God bless him.Roz
Hi Roz ,
Ive already contacted St Chads , and was told that either an onsite  researcher can be paid to carry out the work , or i can make an appointment and go  and look myself . Tomorrrow i am going to the Sandwell records offices , to do  a search there , if no luck i will make an appointment with St Chads and try there .

Mog .

Mogmeister

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
Hi Roz ,

Well no good at Sandwell , only St Chads to go ,however i have just recieved an e mail telling me that the archieves are closed for the time being until the posiion of a new archivest has been filled .

Did you parents have a local church of worship .

Mog

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy