Author Topic: Midnite Pitch Digbeth  (Read 1365 times)

Scipio

Midnite Pitch Digbeth
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »
Did any member go to "The Midnite Pitch" in Digbeth during the 60's , mate of mine went to see The Who , they lived up to their reputations at the end of their set drums guitars all over the stage
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Midnite Pitch Digbeth
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:13:00 PM »
Scipio

Do you mean The Midnight City that was underneath The Moat House Club in Bradford Street?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:57:44 PM »

Scipio

Do you mean The Midnight City that was underneath The Moat House Club in Bradford Street?

Never went there myself Phil , it was in the 60's . I bow to your knowledge if it was The Midnight City , as you went from town it was on the right  not as far  up as Digbeth Civic Hall . After sending the initial post , I had second thoughts as to was it The Midnight Place ?
From what I heard at the time it had some good acts on , I understand it never opened till about 11.00pm . Reason I never went was either tied up with a lady , or too tanked up with the amber nectar
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 10:41:59 PM »
Can't ever remember using the place myself, anyway I don't think it lasted that long. I think the police got it closed down. It was another I believe owned by the son of Rob Pryke (the banana king) who owned the Moathouse Club in Bradford Street although The midnight City was under the Moathouse Club the entrance was in Moat Lane. I don't think it ever had a Alcohol Licence hence it was raided by the police several times.

added later'

Thinking about it I can't see how the entrance could have been in Moat Lane, Smithfield Street or Mill Lane possibly but not Moat Lane, I suppose that's another warning not to believe everything you read.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:45 PM »
yes phil quite right it was called midnight city..i know someone who went there a lot back in the day..never went myself

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 11:14:51 PM »
Lyn it opened and closed around 1966, you would only have been about 13 then wouldn't you?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

astoness

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »
oh well that explains why i never went then phil...i was still climbing trees at that age ;D ;D ;D

lyn

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy