Author Topic: The Gangsters  (Read 414 times)

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: The Gangsters
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 10:02:54 PM »
Does anyone have any opinions on "Peaky Blinders"

I have none, not having watched the idiot box for at least five years now. I just couldn't watch any more reality programmes. If I am told about any decent programmes or series if I think they might be enjoyable then I will stream them on my PC at a later date. Never having seen or heard a good report on "Peaky Binders" I have never bothered.
Make Love Not War

townie

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »
It wasn't as good as some people make out. If you haven't watched it, you haven't missed much.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 10:55:05 PM »

It was interesting at the time after the first episode had been shown, if memory serves me right it was shown on a Thursday night. Monday or Tuesday the following week ,the writer of the show was interviewed on "Pebblemill at One", and quite openly admitted that he had no idea how Kline was going to escape from the demolition site . He obviously sorted it and created a great series . Does anyone have any opinions on "Peaky Blinders"

If we are thinking about the same episode then the house the demolition ball was being swung at was where a one time mate of mine lived Micky Duffy and it was in Vincent Street Balsall Heath where I lived a little further up the road with my maternal grandmother at one time.
Make Love Not War

Scipio

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »

If we are thinking about the same episode then the house the demolition ball was being swung at was where a one time mate of mine lived Micky Duffy and it was in Vincent Street Balsall Heath where I lived a little further up the road with my maternal grandmother at one time.

That's the one Phil