Author Topic: Arthur Street  (Read 1666 times)

Dixon

Arthur Street
« on: August 12, 2017, 12:29:10 PM »
Hello do you have any pictures or memories to share with me I lived at 3/84 Arthur Street Small Heath Birmingham .
1946/1957

I went to Dixon Road school later Tilton Road.
Went back to visit 12 years ago with my grandson wow things had changed.
Bus depo was still there Kingston picturehouse knocked down 😱😂
My sister in law is a born again Christian at a church in Ballsal Heath the church bought the land and are now building a new church there.
Everything was so different Arthur Street looked so different smaller cut off cul de sac 😱
Tillton Road school parts knocked down,there is a park now where our back to backs were.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Arthur Street
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
Hi Dixon

Welcome to the forum, have you tried typing Arthur St into the search box at the top right of the page. You could also take a peek at this thread,

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=5157.msg504836#msg504836
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Dixon

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:36:07 PM »
I am writing a book about back to back living in Arthur Street

Dixon

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »
Hello do you have any pictures or memories to share with me I lived at 3/84 Arthur Street Small Heath Birmingham .
1946/1957

My sister in law is a born again Christian at a church in Ballsal Heath the church bought the land and are now building a new church there.
Everything was so different Arthur Street looked so different smaller cut off cul de sac 😱
Tillton Road school parts knocked down,there is a park now where our back to backs were.

Scipio

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »

1946/1957

Welcome Dixon , I went back to William St Off Broad ST in the 70's with my new wife , the memories came flooding back and I must
confess I did shed a tear . I'm due to leave my current address shortly , don't know whether or not I'll shed a tear in years to come revisiting , all I'll remember about here is the hundreds of formula 1 racing drivers(so-called). I do hope you're visits are not so emotional.

Regards John
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

whglhg

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:13:37 PM »
I am writing a book about back to back living in Arthur Street
Hello do you have any information on a family named Holmes, Ada and Frederick of 311 Arthur Street or any photos of that part of the street, please. My reason for asking is that I have a Territorial Force Efficiency Medal for said Frederick and I am trying to put together a picture of the man and his life from the limited info I've been able to glean. Any help would be most appreciated.
regards
David GP Morse

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Hi David

Welcome to the forum, I can't be of much help other than to tell you that photos of the old Arthur Street are notoriously hard to find. I have only ever seen two or three in the last decade or so. Those are probably on this thread of you look back or just type Arthur St into the search box at the top right of the page.

Arthur Street as it was has completely disappeared now, on fact a good part of it has been renamed Camelot Way (why?) Number 311 would have been somewhat opposite the bottom of Herbert Road on the now playing field of (Oakley Road School) Holy Trinity Catholic School.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

sandyward

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 06:10:01 AM »
hello, my dad was born at 287 arthur st..parents were james and gladys ward, siblings were dennis, eric, ronnie, raymond..i was wondering if anyone remembers ronnie? he was killed by a lorry on golden hillcock rd, with his birthday money in his hand, heading to school in march of 1934..thanks for any help
 ::)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy