Author Topic: New Moon Restaurant - anyone heard of it?  (Read 752 times)

aerosolarabic

New Moon Restaurant - anyone heard of it?
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:59:44 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the New Moon Restaurant, somewhere in Birmingham city centre, and the people who owned it?

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: New Moon Restaurant - anyone heard of it?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »
Hello Again,

The only New Moon Restaurant / Café I can find in the directory's was in 1950 and was registered to a Mt K M Sykiotis at 94 Smallbrook Street. Which was part of Smallbrook Ringway before it was upgraded. The number of the premises on the photo is obviously 546 so it can't be that one. Anyway it doesn't look like any part of Smallbrook Street that I can remember. In fact are you sure it was in the City Centre as that looks like a privet hedge to the right of the photo behind the people and the only privet I remember in the town centre was in churchyards.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

aerosolarabic

Re: New Moon Restaurant - anyone heard of it?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
Apologies i got it wrong. Not sure where i got city centre from!  Thanks for looking into this.  This has really thrown us off, if this was owned by one of these Bangladeshi men, we may have another place that offered curry in the city that isn't on the list of the ones we know i.e Johns Restaurant/Darjeeling,  Shah Bagh, Shah Jahan, Shalimar, Jinnah etc.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy