Author Topic: Your Best Subject at School  (Read 7192 times)

Coastal

Re: Your Best Subject at School
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
That's the one Edmund, I always thought they were pointless, and the fact that I haven't needed one since school just about proves it.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

countrylad

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »
Timekeeping, never late leaving the building O0 

vamann

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 07:36:50 PM »
Timekeeping, never late leaving the building O0
soon as the Teacher said put your chairs on top of the tables my running home shoes were on and ready.

Scipio

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
I thought my last year at school was naff , I knew how to add up and speak English . What else do I need to go through life or so I thought . First year at day release , should hanging be abolished , what the prime minister earns  ? Subject Social Studies , what the hell had this to do with an electricians job ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »
I thought my last year at school was naff , I knew how to add up and speak English . What else do I need to go through life or so I thought . First year at day release , should hanging be abolished , what the prime minister earns  ? Subject Social Studies , what the hell had this to do with an electricians job ?
Ya know it's interesting what it's all about. Hated school apart from first few years . Then moved around Brum loads. So new kid, new fight then move on! I think gaining common sense, good communication skills and get up and go is the recipe for success. One thing I learnt or should that be learned? Was how to survive. Last day at school was he best. Never went but legally, I now didn't have to......

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »
Can't understand why you didn't like schooldays we had woodwork ,metal work,football ,gymnastics coral,religious education and at our school we had pigs to look after all through the year it was so varied it never bothered me
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »

Can't understand why you didn't like schooldays we had woodwork ,metal work,football ,gymnastics coral,religious education and at our school we had pigs to look after all through the year it was so varied it never bothered me

I didn't dislike schooldays , as I tell my Gkids best days of your life its just the subjects in the last year had no bearing at all on what working life was going to be like

Mark Twain

Coastal

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 09:43:49 AM »
I stayed on for the 5th year, sort of ;D , I returned to school on the first day of the 5th year with a note from my parents, I went to assembly but was back home before lunchtime. O0  it was a very short last day.
Do unto others before they do unto you.

townie

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »

Edmund. What was your trade during your working life? You may have had a few but what was your main one? 
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

countrylad

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 08:15:15 PM »
Hello Edmumd, I enjoyed my first school as we all started together in the reception class.  By the end of my ten years at school I had been to about seven schools. I wasn't a very good scholar as each school taught things differently. Always playing catch-up. I was useless and clumsy at sport, couldn't catch or kick a ball or run. I found a niche at my last school by looking after the animals in the science lab animal room. Whenever I had the chance I would be out of the lesson especially games and go and clean the animals out, sort their food and water and spend time with them. I would have loved being at a school that kept pigs. I now have sheep, cats, dogs and chickens

Scipio

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »

Hello Edmumd, I enjoyed my first school as we all started together in the reception class.  By the end of my ten years at school I had been to about seven schools. I wasn't a very good scholar as each school taught things differently. Always playing catch-up. I was useless and clumsy at sport, couldn't catch or kick a ball or run. I found a niche at my last school by looking after the animals in the science lab animal room. Whenever I had the chance I would be out of the lesson especially games and go and clean the animals out, sort their food and water and spend time with them. I would have loved being at a school that kept pigs. I now have sheep, cats, dogs and chickens

I used to get away from lessons ,being in the gardening club , or as I thought working on the lad ooar ooar
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy