Author Topic: Blundell Road Greet  (Read 11054 times)

linwaisee

Re: Blundell Road Greet
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 11:52:11 PM »
Hi Spud Yes, Valerie Pugh would be 76 or 77 now. she was a little bit younger than my elder brother John (Lyndon) and he was 77 1st March this year. And Diane was younger than me.

Spud

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 11:55:29 AM »
Did Not realise John Lyndon was your brother I think that is another name I remember from Greet School he is just a little older than me
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

linwaisee

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »
Spud from what you said, dates etc. I guessed you might know John that's why I put his name in my reply. linwaisee is my Chinese name. l have lived in Hong Kong fir over 22 years and John has lived in Australia since 1967.

linwaisee

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2017, 03:53:50 PM »
Spud  my name is Victor (Vic)

Spud

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2017, 04:46:43 PM »
Linwaisee
I'll send you a PM with more details .

linwaisee

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 03:51:14 PM »
Spud, what is your name

Spud

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2017, 03:56:36 PM »
Linwaisee you should now have received a PM [Personal Message] via The Birmingham Forum messaging system. Always best not to give too much detail on an open site.

Catlover

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 01:10:08 PM »
Dear Kathy
My grandmother moved into No. 8 about 1910 and my father was born there in February 1918 and lived there until he married my mother in 1938 (October 29). He moved into No. 12 sometime between 1940 and 1943. My parents were living in Lea Road when my elder brother, John was born and I was born in 1943 in No. 12 Blundell Road.My father's name was Desmond Lyndon (Des or Les  to his friends). As you were born in 1923, you say, the boy at No. 8 would have been my father but he was 5 years older than you not younger. He was an only child and spoiled by his mother. It is quite likely that he would have a hornby train set. He had just about everything he wanted. The widow over the road I couldn't remember was Mrs. Easom

Hello Linwaise,

Reading this thread about Blundell Road has bought back so many memories. I used to live at 3 Lea Road and had many friends in Mountford Street and Percy Road, so Blundell Road was a road we used regularly. Some of the names you mentioned are familiar to me but I have no actual recollections of who they actually are.

NUU50

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2020, 05:35:17 PM »
Hello there,

Having only just found/joined the forum this is my first post - I realise this is an old message thread but hopefully one/some of the original posters may pick up!

My great grandparents and grandmother  lived at number 16 Blundell Road from around the turn of the century up until 1942, they were Charles and Ellen Beale along with daughter Elsie Helen, Charles worked at the Burbury brickworks up until around 1942 when they moved to the Warwick Road, Solihull where he then continued to work at Solihull brickworks.
My grandmother Elsie Helen Beale also had many friends in the Blundell Rd/Mountford St/Percy Rd areas.....in fact I think one way or another, my family has many connections to that immediate locality - all of course, sadly way. way before my time though!

By another coincidence, (small world indeed!) I also have a family connection to the original poster Linwaisee - so hope he may pick up again on this thread.

linwaisee

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 05:57:52 PM »
N U U50
I don't remember the Beale's, they moved out before I was born. Living in number 16 were a couple called Nevett or Nevitt. The wife was called Jesse or Jessy.
At number 14 was William and Margaret (Maggie) Monk until my Aunt moved in about 1952. Number 18 was Jim and Nelly Fell, 20 was Mrs. Preene. I can't remember the names at 22 and 24.

NUU50

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 06:09:30 PM »
Linwaisee - thanks for the reply, yes that would be correct - and the surname Monk definitely rings a bell.

By the way, the coincidental family connection I mentioned......your grandmother Florence Jane was one of my great-grandfather's (Richard Joshua Wright) younger sisters

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy