Author Topic: Bin Strike Resignation  (Read 2650 times)

Spud

Bin Strike Resignation
« on: September 11, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »
Birmingham Council Leader John Clancy Resigns after criticism of his handling of the Industrial Action by Refuse Workers
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Bronson

Re: Bin Strike Resignation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »
So he should resign, whilst I disagree with the bin strike a councillor who lies should not be trusted. I wonder if this the only case he has done so.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:34:25 PM »
So he should resign, whilst I disagree with the bin strike a councillor who lies should not be trusted. I wonder if this the only case he has done so.

Of course it isn't, he's a politician isn't he?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bronson

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:01 PM »
Just thought I should say my name is Gordon Brown, but never been a politician.....lol

Patriot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »
You will have noticed that politicians-at all levels-wait until the sticky brown stuff hits the whirly thing before admitting they are morons and resigning. Often they are given generous payments to disappear into the sunset to spend more time with their pension pots.
The financial and/or management mess they leave behind sometimes takes months or years to rectify and usually involves spending more of our money.
All in the name of progress don't you know?
Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.

Potomac

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »
Hopefully some well defined and meaningful talks will take place now.  It must be grim in areas where trash is on the pavements.  It is bad enough when it is collection day and many bags are ripped open by birds and rodents.
best wishes,  Alan

JudithM

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 01:33:51 PM »
Hopefully some well defined and meaningful talks will take place now.  It must be grim in areas where trash is on the pavements.  It is bad enough when it is collection day and many bags are ripped open by birds and rodents.

It sure is grim.  The designated collection point for the cul-de-sac where I live is at the bottom of my drive, so I've been having to circumnavigate stinking maggot infested rubbish to get into & out of my property.  In addition, since the strike began mid-June I have only had my garden waste collected once and that's a service we pay extra for (£40 a year).

It's all fair & well the council extending the hours of tips & recycling centres, but if you don't drive?  Also, why should people who spend all week at their own jobs spend their time off doing the job that they're paying someone else to do?
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Robgriff

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
what's this binstrike all about? we haven't heard much about it in cornwall

frederick

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 07:42:22 PM »
Everything OK in Wales with the bin men/women.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

JudithM

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 12:55:47 PM »
what's this binstrike all about? we haven't heard much about it in cornwall
It's to do with hours & redundancies.

In a nutshell, the Council needs to make savings, so to save money - and to bring the department in line with other departments - they want to re-arrange the shifts from a 4 day working week (longer hours each day) to a 5 day working week (with shorter hours per day, so no actual hours lost) and to get rid a number of supervisory roles (not the actual bin men).  Those affected by the job cuts would be offered similar roles elsewhere, or made redundant.

This from the BBC has more info -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-40668249
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 03:52:44 PM »
Birmingham bin men win High Court jobs battle with Birmingham City CouncilBIN men fighting for jobs in the wake of a dispute which has led to piles of rubbish being left in Birmingham streets have won a High Court battle.
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy