Author Topic: Kingsvale Farm & Kingsvale Cottage  (Read 119 times)

Queslett

Kingsvale Farm & Kingsvale Cottage
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:38:12 AM »
Does anyone have any photos of the farm and the cottages - Kingsvale was opposite what is now Kingstanding Library

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: Kingsvale Farm & Kingsvale Cottage
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »
HI Queslett,

Welcome to you, please forgive me as I know very little about the Kingstanding area, but we do have others on here that might be able to assist you in your search. Just one thing are you sure about the location of the farm & cottage? The 1915 OS map puts the City of Birmingham Kings Vale water pumping station opposite where the library is located and the farm & associated buildings on Kings Road  more or less where the church is now, of course this might have changed at a later date.
Make Love Not War

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Queslett

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »
Thanks for the response Phil and Roy one

maybe I should have been more specific smiles The farm was on. the corner of Holly lane and Kings Road and yes the maps are correct and your correct in saying the farm house was in Kings Road

I am not after Maps or the History of the Farm as I have that as it was formed by the family - what I am interested in are photographs...... for until back to the late 1800's I have photos of the farmers along with all the other farms in Perry Barr

Kings Standing there is no such place but like the Scott Arms the area is named after a Pub which was named after where King Charles Stood once upon a time but that was hip the road almost opposite George Frederick Road

The Area is Perry Barr but I would accept the old name of Oscott (or Old Oscott which was after the Old College which is now Maryvale)

cheers