Author Topic: New and Exciting craze to hit Birmingham  (Read 2698 times)

Mazzie

New and Exciting craze to hit Birmingham
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:43:19 AM »
I would like to tell you all about a new craze which is taking the World by storm using Painted Rocks. The idea is to Brighten up someone else's day with a Painted Rock which you have done yourself and hidden in Parks, Woods and other places close to where you live.

You paint a design or Positive words onto a rock, then write the Facebook page on the bottom so that if your rock is found the person can go to the Facebook page and send a photo of the rock found. Other places in England are doing this but I appear to be the ONLY one doing it in Birmingham.

Come and join in the Fun...it's for Kids and Adults alike you don't even need to be any good at drawing, it is all about Spreading the Love around the World... Come on Birmingham join in the Fun!

Scipio

Re: New and Exciting craze to hit Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »

I would like to tell you all about a new craze which is taking the World by storm using Painted Rocks. The idea is to Brighten up someone else's day with a Painted Rock which you have done yourself and hidden in Parks, Woods and other places close to where you live.

You paint a design or Positive words onto a rock, then write the Facebook page on the bottom so that if your rock is found the person can go to the Facebook page and send a photo of the rock found. Other places in England are doing this but I appear to be the ONLY one doing it in Birmingham.

Come and join in the Fun...it's for Kids and Adults alike you don't even need to be any good at drawing, it is all about Spreading the Love around the World... Come on Birmingham join in the Fun!

Mazzie welcome , one thing I'd like to know can we not spread love around the world without the help of Facebook ? It seems people
revolve around faceless I mean Facebook , people are walking into one another and into walls looking at their phones reading that app
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Akatarawa

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
It's much more of a children's game in New Zealand being going for a while, especially last summer:

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2017/01/rock-hunting-facebook-groups-spreading-around-new-zealand.html

Potomac

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
I agree with the comments about Facebook by Scipio.  If there is any benefit here it maybe that it gets people outdoors into the real world, rather than the unreal one becoming so fashionable. 
Actually this is not new, although present day culture seems, due to a lack of history and people not talking to each other about what they and others did in the past.
Along similar lines, in 1979 when my daughter was in the hospital in Cambridge for a while (as a nine year old patient) my sons and one or two friends collected beach pebbles and painted them in various styles.  These were then taken to the hospitals Fete and sold to raise funds.   They were well received and sold well.  We still have some here which were done as trial attempts.
A craze to hit Birmingham?  I believe Mazzie said they were the only one doing it?  Good journalism!  lol
best wishes,  Alan

countrylad

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 01:47:40 PM »
Hello Mazzie I concur with the others regarding Facebook.

I think the idea of bringing folks together is a great one. If we could only get some common courtesy, respect and eye contact at times we would be on our way.

Although social media does have the potential to bring people together it also has the potential to isolate. Banksy sums it up well in one of his pieces of art. Not sure if it is called 'mobile lovers'? It is a couple that look like they are in love, have met on a dark street, they embrace and while embracing they are each looking at their own phones over the shoulder of the other person, the light from their phones is reflected n their faces.

Best wishes countrylad

Coastal

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
Facebook, Twitter etc are all (in my opinion) for kids and insecure people with no real friends, and the best way to "brighten someone else's day" is to give them a phone or better still a visit. and if it's "taking the world by storm" why is there only one doing it in Birmingham,
I for one will leave that rubbish to the kids. 
Do unto others before they do unto you.

sky1

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 10:10:58 AM »
 im sat here painting stones rite now  ;D

Scipio

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 10:13:33 AM »

Facebook, Twitter etc are all (in my opinion) for kids and insecure people with no real friends, and the best way to "brighten someone else's day" is to give them a phone or better still a visit. and if it's "taking the world by storm" why is there only one doing it in Birmingham,
I for one will leave that rubbish to the kids.

I'd agree 100% with you Coastal , seems very strange to me that people can find out about the loss of a family member quicker on
Facebook than the person who posted the sad news giving the family members who are not on Facebook a ring. Apart from that I think  its just airing dirty washing in public . That's my opinion , anyway has anyone  got to tell us of any new craze ?
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 10:15:45 AM »

im sat here painting stones rite now  ;D

Have you done your nails then ?
Mark Twain

sky1

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 10:16:39 AM »

Have you done your nails then ?

yes and now I'm spreading the love with my stones  ;D

Scipio

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 10:19:59 AM »

yes and now I'm spreading the love with my stones  ;D

Yes I feel your love Sky
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy