Author Topic: Will We Ever Have any Good News Again  (Read 2344 times)

Scipio

Will We Ever Have any Good News Again
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:32:50 PM »
Sour Grapes People I'm sorry to say  , I must say that turning on the box or opening the paper nowadays all you see/read is Doom and Gloom Doom and Gloom . What are your thoughts ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Patriot

Re: Will We Ever Have any Good News Again
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »
Sour Grapes People I'm sorry to say  , I must say that turning on the box or opening the paper nowadays all you see/read is Doom and Gloom Doom and Gloom . What are your thoughts ?

Are you in reasonably good heath?
Do you have overwhelming debts?
Do you sleep soundly at night?
Are you warm and comfortable?
Do you eat at least one hot meal every day?

If you answered yes to the above-except #2- then why worry? A lot of people are paid a lot of money to keep us safe.
You have an active mind so why be concerned/persuaded by the pessimists?

A newspaper's job and a news channels function is to grab your attention. Dissect gossip from news and

Keep Calm and Drink Tea.  :D O0
Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »
well only bad news makes the news but the answer is rise above it  look  on the bright side of life so much to do places to go things to see   I went away for a few days last year  out in the wilds  no tv no phone no internet no papers just open space did I miss any of it no not one tad of it
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 11:03:01 PM »
Why worrie just enjoy life while you are here it's no good after
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »

Why worrie just enjoy life while you are here it's no good after

Don't get me wrong Edmund I don't worry about it , its just the thought of what seems to be nowadays everyone you hear or read about is
on the make . This The Greatest Country in The World everybody is trying to rip it off .or get rid of somebody for their own ends .
It riles me more than worries me
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »

Don't get me wrong Edmund I don't worry about it , its just the thought of what seems to be nowadays everyone you hear or read about is
on the make . This The Greatest Country in The World everybody is trying to rip it off .or get rid of somebody for their own ends .
It riles me more than worries me
Scipio, I am sure it it what is filtered through to us. There are good things happening across the country. Recently in the news I thought the the BBC were really against the conservatives, I'm hearing this week they are against the Labour Party.

I know what you mean though. It's the bad news that travels fastest and furthest. I call it 'The rule of seven' you can test it for yourself. Think about the last time you went out and had a bad experience I.e poor meal in restraunt or bad day trip. How many people did you tell? The usual number on average is seven and each of those will tell seven others. On the other hand if you had say a good meal, you may tell perhaps one or two and one of those may just pass it on.

Scipio

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 08:35:58 PM »

Scipio, I am sure it it what is filtered through to us. There are good things happening across the country. Recently in the news I thought the the BBC were really against the conservatives, I'm hearing this week they are against the Labour Party.

I know what you mean though. It's the bad news that travels fastest and furthest. I call it 'The rule of seven' you can test it for yourself. Think about the last time you went out and had a bad experience I.e poor meal in restraunt or bad day trip. How many people did you tell? The usual number on average is seven and each of those will tell seven others. On the other hand if you had say a good meal, you may tell perhaps one or two and one of those may just pass it on.

Yes very true Countrylad , watching The Philpott File some years ago , he made a programme about the different regiments of the  UK army in Northern Ireland . The CO he interviewed  commented that if one of the guards on patrol got killed ,that guardsman might get an inch of space in the press . If the same guardsman fainted while on parade at The Trooping of The Colour  he'd get a full front page spread. Seems strange that the press would think we have an appetite for that, take it from me though Countrylad some people have .

Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
It's incredible how the world around us gives us a perspective of the world around us.  Before I retired I did a lot f work in NHS. Apart from cash a lot of the issues in the NHS are down to human factors and perspectives.

I used a process called appreciative inquiry. This is about fixing the problem but focuses groups on what works rather than what doesn't work.

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 08:41:41 PM »
I intend to change this now and this is what  I mean when you look out of the window , what  will you think here's my thought for tomorrow
come on now folks It's Beautiful Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o

Mark Twain

lmr3103

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 09:01:14 PM »
Well said Scip. Each day is a gift and we should make the most of it because one day it will be our last…….

Scipio

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 09:04:39 PM »
Well said Scip. Each day is a gift and we should make the most of it because one day it will be our last…….

Very true Lmr let's enjoy them while we can
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy