Author Topic: The number 8 bus route  (Read 69977 times)

mikejee

Re: The number 8 bus route
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2020, 10:22:00 PM »
Passes allow travel on any bus (not long distance coaches or special buses like to football matches). Some councils allow travel on some local train and tram services in their areas for their inhabitants only, for which I presume they pay extra to the relevant transport authority or company

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2020, 11:13:54 PM »
I use my bus pass issued in Kent on Bham Busses
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

JudithM

« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2020, 01:14:33 PM »

I don't think it works as easy as that residents in Wolverhampton can't use their passes on the tram to Birmingham so I've heard.

Opinions are opinions and may differ I offer mine
You can't use a bus pass on the tram.

Not an OAP yet, but I have a combined rail & bus pass that I can use on the tram.  A pass just for buses, or just for trains, doesn't cover the trams, so if the OAP pass is just for buses then I can see why they can't use it on the tram.  Would be nice if they could though.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

robx52

« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »
I've used my "OAP" pass on a tram from the jewelry quarter to Corporation st, I've also used it in Devon and Yorkshire.

Spud

« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2020, 03:58:57 PM »
I've used mine all over shop London Bristol Bath would have thought from Wolves to Brum would be OK. A friend of mine who lives in Barnt Green got as far as Oxford using local buses using his Bus Pass.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Coastal

« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2020, 04:21:02 PM »
Well I'm 65 and a bit but still not a state pensioner yet, but as I live in Wales I am entitled to free travel, I've lived here for 4½ years but have no intention of applying for a pass, you can't beat the car, no timetables and no other passengers  O0   
Do unto others before they do unto you.

mike mancott

« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2020, 05:11:37 PM »
Some one I knew, (he`s gone to the bus station in the sky now), told me he travelled from The West Country to Birmingham, when he first got his bus pass.
Took a lot of planning, and it took him all day!

frederick

« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »
We have used our bus passes today you can't beet it. No looking for a parking space or having to pay to park and you are chauffeur driven, if you want you can have a nap.      O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »
when this new oap bus pass come out you could use it on national express  say from Birmingham to Bristol
that lasted about two months the oap was there in the morning filling the coaches up so paying passengers could not get a seat   so they had to put a stop to it   
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »
Roy

I have read several stories in the press where old couples still use their senior citizen passes to travel all over the country. All they have to do is change their buses frequently ensuring that they were only using tickets for the city, town or district they were travelling through. All I can say is good luck to them, as it must have taken a lot of planning and time spent on uncomfortable seating.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Ivor Williams

« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2020, 04:28:40 PM »
I am very annoyed by Birmingham city council refusing to allow my Bromsgrove Bus Pass to be accepted on the trams of Birmingham, pitiful service as it is. I'm a true Brummie and go into Brum five or six times a week. Because I live in South Birmingham the trams are of virtually no use to me.
Someone on this thread stated that the trams could be open to abuse by hordes of OAP's joy-riding them. I'm sure that just wouldn't be true.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy