Author Topic: The number 8 bus route  (Read 69984 times)

mikejee

Re: The number 8 bus route
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2020, 11:35:51 PM »
Birmingham council ratepayers pay extra for the facility that their own OAPs may use the tram for free. If Bromsgrove council wasprepare to pay extra, then probably you would be allowed to use it/ You are just in the same position as others who live outside Birmingham

mike mancott

« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2020, 11:17:21 AM »
I wonder if the OAP bus pass is likely to survive Council cuts?
And if so, when?
I think I read something about it, can`t remember if it was local or national news.
Bringing it a bit nearer the topic, and linking it obliquely with the above, how much does it cost today for an adult all-round number 8 bus ride?

JudithM

« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »
I am very annoyed by Birmingham city council refusing to allow my Bromsgrove Bus Pass to be accepted on the trams of Birmingham, pitiful service as it is. I'm a true Brummie and go into Brum five or six times a week. Because I live in South Birmingham the trams are of virtually no use to me.
Someone on this thread stated that the trams could be open to abuse by hordes of OAP's joy-riding them. I'm sure that just wouldn't be true.
A bus pass, OAP or regular, isn't accepted on the trams at all.  Regular Birmingham bus passes wouldn't be allowed on Bromsgrove buses either.  The boundary is close to where I live & there are some, quite local to me, places I can't use my bus pass.

Personally, I think OAP passes should cover the trams, and they should cover more of the local area than just within a geographic county line.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

robx52

« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »
Judith checkout post 236 O0

frederick

« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »
In Wales you can use the bus pass all over Wales.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Ivor Williams

« Reply #247 on: January 21, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
My particular gripe is that I live just a few measly yards over Birmingham's southern border. It has a Birmingham post code. I didn't realise at the time of taking up residence here that It would affect my citizenship.

Scipio

« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2020, 10:24:41 PM »
In Wales you can use the bus pass all over Wales.
[/quote

Frederick are there trams there though ?
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

mike mancott

« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:20 AM »

The Great Orme Tramway?
You can`t use your bus pass though.

JudithM

« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »
My particular gripe is that I live just a few measly yards over Birmingham's southern border. It has a Birmingham post code. I didn't realise at the time of taking up residence here that It would affect my citizenship.
I live in a similar position.  I'm on the Birmingham side, but the Bromsgrove boundary is a few yards from my front door.  There are roads by me where one side is Birmingham council & the other Bromsgrove - they have different bin collection days!  Some of the local bus routes cross & re-cross the county border line & depending where you get you can use your Birmingham pass or have to pay.

mike mancott

« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »
I use my bus pass issued in Kent on Bham Busses

My bus pass, Ed, seems to be able to be used as yours. Conditions state for use locally . . .  and local buses starting anywhere else in England.

JudithM

« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2020, 01:34:52 PM »

My bus pass, Ed, seems to be able to be used as yours. Conditions state for use locally . . .  and local buses starting anywhere else in England.
So, to me it seems if you have an OAP pass you can use it locally anywhere.  You can't, for instance travel from Birmingham to Bromsgrove, but you can use the same pass & travel anywhere within Birmingham, or within Bromsgrove.  If you were on holiday in Torquay you could use it in that local area?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy