Author Topic: Aston Hippodrome  (Read 2401 times)

astoness

Re: Aston Hippodrome
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 06:31:38 AM »
nice bit of info john thanks...our mom myself and sisters have worked in many pubs around the area...dads feet were firmly planted on the other side of the bar ;D ;D

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
When I was in my late teens went to the Aston HIPP to see Ithink her name was Just Jane,you know the stripper with the Feathers,not much to shout about
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

GardenGerald

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 03:55:05 PM »
Hello Edmund
Thats what the Aston Hippodrome was famous for. Women and feathers. The only feathers we saw were on
the chicken or duck.
Gerald.

Paul Drennan

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 12:10:44 AM »
M

Paul Drennan

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »
My Mother  first took me to the Aston Hippodrome in 1958 to see doubles . It was a show where Tribute acts probably started. I remember the Elvis Tribute sang Blue suede shoes. I also saw my first nude variety show  there when the girls had to stand dead still at the back of the stageThen I would stand outside a packed Barton Arms while my mother would bring me out a coke and a packet of crisps .Happy days.

astoness

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 05:43:15 AM »
lots off famous people played at the aston hipp including george formby..charlie chaplin and laurel and hardy who stayed at the bartons arms while appearing there..as far as we know this is the only photo in existence showing them outside you can see the bartons arms on the right..a large copy of this now hangs inside the bartons..i went to the unveiling of it

Potomac

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »
Hello Edmund
Thats what the Aston Hippodrome was famous for. Women and feathers. The only feathers we saw were on
the chicken or duck.
Gerald.
That may well explain why I was never taken there!   ;)   Hurst Street was OK it seems.
best wishes,  Alan

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy