Author Topic: British Cars  (Read 77627 times)

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: British Cars
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2017, 04:44:43 PM »

next on my list is this baby

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

countrylad

« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
There was a saying about the Jensen interceptor - do not open the windows above 120 MPH otherwise the back window will fly out.  :o   

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #167 on: November 10, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
These were my babies when I delivered them to Heathrow for the Arab owners,I was told never to exceed the 70 mph down the M1.Which I never did,but the looks I got from other drivers wanting me to race them
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

countrylad

« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2017, 09:24:38 PM »
Been racking my brains on where Jensen were made (I won't look on Google as I like to keep the grey matter working) I've come up with is West Brom or Coventry? Then again I could be miles off and think Blackpool. Then again Blackpool could be TVR?

ironside

« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:10 PM »
Countrylad it was West Brom Kelvin Way way :)I think. I believe Subaru bought most of the factory but Jensen are still going. Wheeler Dealer, on TV, went there they were pressing out motor panels on large power presses.   

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »
Sorry ironside. but your link was removed because you linked to another forum.

• No spamming. Do not post or send unsolicited pm's advertising something or promoting another website without the permission of the administrator.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »

now this was said to be the poor mans rollsrice of cars but what a car this was

Roy , during the 60's serving my apprentice I mated a manx man electrician, 1966 was the year the reg GOB 708D the car a
Wolseley 16/60 2 tone brown looked like the Westminster shown and also the Austin Cambridge . The interior of the Wolseley
really was luxury walnut dashboard what a car. I'll never forget that reg, sad thing he traded it in late 66 to get a Triumph 2000 that was  a year older , never felt the same going to work
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2017, 10:12:44 PM »
Countrylad it was West Brom Kelvin Way way :)I think. I believe Subaru bought most of the factory but Jensen are still going. Wheeler Dealer, on TV, went there they were pressing out motor panels on large power presses.
Great to hear Jensen still going. We had so many great motor manufacturers back in the day. But today for the enthusiast we have a few places to choose from that are still making parts. The problem I find is the reduction in the number of small Precision engineering works that can make a one-off part at a reasonable price. From your post you have a keen interest in motor vehicles. Do you do any restorations? Countrylad

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »

Roy , during the 60's serving my apprentice I mated a manx man electrician, 

what can I say to that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

countrylad

« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »

Roy , during the 60's serving my apprentice I mated a manx man electrician, 1966 was the year the reg GOB 708D the car a
Wolseley 16/60 2 tone brown looked like the Westminster shown and also the Austin Cambridge . The interior of the Wolseley
really was luxury walnut dashboard what a car. I'll never forget that reg, sad thing he traded it in late 66 to get a Triumph 2000 that was  a year older , never felt the same going to work
Scipio, it's a sort of sensing/feeling situation with these old cars. A lot of folks blame the Japanese for the demise of he British Motor Industry. The question is: what part did we the British play in this?

countrylad

« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
Roy , during the 60's serving my apprentice I mated a manx man electrician, 

what can I say to that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0
Sparks will fly  :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy