Author Topic: British Cars  (Read 77648 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: British Cars
« Reply #594 on: December 07, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
The grills wrong
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

earlswoodbob

« Reply #595 on: December 07, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
Hi Edmund,
I am not sure why you say that, you might be right, but this was a very early model as I remember the chassis number was many zero's 53 so may have been some sort of pre production model, I paid £10 for it so didn't check it's pedigree too closely  Bob

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #596 on: December 07, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »

Here is my 1951 Zephyr 6 in 1967, I earned £4 per week as an apprentice and spent £3 a week on petrol, but it was great fun

I gave it a shine and a brush up O0
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #597 on: December 07, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »
Bob didn't early Citreons have the grill with the 2points on.Myfavourite has always been the D series
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

earlswoodbob

« Reply #598 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
Hi Roy,
what fantastic software that must be, the colour of my overalls is correct, GKN rust brown, It's a good job the training manager is not looking at this I would have got the sack for wearing them in my own time.  I can't remember the Anglia colour but the garage doors are right I think. The car had been re sprayed a dark sort of British Racing Green. Bob

Hi Edmund,
I can't recall the Citroen grill you refer to although I remember the DS 19 etc. I have just looked on the internet at Zephyrs and my grill/bonnet ornament is different to most pictures, I did find one with the torpedo type ornament (like mine) rather than the more usual wing shape. The car may have been a BITSA   Bob

ironside

« Reply #599 on: December 07, 2017, 05:53:43 PM »
Edmund - It does get complicated - the Citroen does have the chevrons but they are behind the grill, that was the custom with the cars made in Slough. They were visible till I reduced the size to post. 50% of the car had to be from British parts to avoid import duty. It wasn't that long ago I found out that Citroens were made here, it was the biggest car factory in the country,30 acres, they were all right hand drive cars for Britain and the Commonwealth that drove on the right.
I thought you meant the Zephyr, that has a badge at the top of the grill all others I have found are on the front. Then perhaps you did. 

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #600 on: December 07, 2017, 06:04:35 PM »

hi bob
              [font=]what fantastic software that must be     noooooooooo  just a box of paints and a little brush  O0 O0 it makes a mess of the screen  and if I make a mistake I use tipx  ;D ;D ;D just kidding I have a pallet of 1000s of different colours and I use a pointer to fill in each colour look at the windows can you see the green behind the car that was easy I just moved the car painted the door them moved the car back :D :D ;D ;D 

bob I do it the same way has when they hand coloured black and white photos  the only difference I use a computer to put the colours in place 

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #601 on: December 07, 2017, 06:27:09 PM »

bob mind you do not run her over shes come to look at your car

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #602 on: December 07, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »
  one more nice car

Patriot

« Reply #603 on: December 07, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »
You think that is French!

1955 registration. This car was built in Slough and had 12v electrics instead of the French 6v system.
Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.

Patriot

« Reply #604 on: December 07, 2017, 11:27:21 PM »
  one more nice car

Ford Puma a nice car?  :D ;D

Heater resistors burn out.
Rear brake cylinders let in water.
 Faulty brake cross shaft and spring. This could mean acceleration problems and several braking issues could arise.
Brake fluid leaks.
Rear parcel shelf retaining pins were to small and caused parcel shelf to drop into the boot.

It was based on the Mk4 Fiesta platform and all Puma's built in Germany.
To a price.

Don't be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy