Author Topic: Use of old photos of Small Heath (20s or 30s) for an article about Peaky Blinder  (Read 5939 times)

elisabethblanchet

Hello,

I am looking for old pics of Small Heath to illustrate an article about Peaky Blinders in a French Magazine called LM Magazine. The one attached would be great for example. Whose credit is it? Can you help? Thank you! Elisabeth Blanchet

Phil

• Account Closed
Hi Elizabeth

I have no knowledge of this image, but I can tell you that if it was published before 1923 and it is in the public domain if it's on the internet and does not carry a copyright or trademark then you are at liberty to copy or reproduce it. I must stress this is my own personal understanding of a very complicated set of laws and if I were you I would take professional advice on the matter especially if you intend to publish.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mikejee

Presumably the copyright law may anyaway be different in France than in england

Spud

Phil hate to tell you but you posted this image on the Forum on Aug 23 2015
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Phil

• Account Closed
Phil hate to tell you but you posted this image on the Forum on Aug 23 2015

Spud,

What you say doesn't surprise me at all, with in excess of 35,000 images collected it's hard to recall individual images, though I have just checked and I do have a copy of this image and looking back I can see where I posted it, but now as of then I have no further information about the photo other than it is Sommerville Road.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy