Author Topic: I'd Rather Not Hear  (Read 8686 times)

Scipio

I'd Rather Not Hear
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:28:58 PM »

Sayings I'd rather not hear in conversation or in the media

Curved ball                                                                                            (I don't know why they use this they don't know where it originates)
Less is More                                                                                          (Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat)
Staying in is the New Going Out                                                           ( Have a Word with Yourself)
Thinking Out of The Box                                                                       (Where Do You Think I Am)
Hit the Ground Running                                                                         (That's if They're Not Broken Upon Impact)

Plus all this Essex type chat and all forthcoming Americanisms, if you cannt talk to me without using any of the above don't
bother talking to me
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

countrylad

Re: I'd Rather Not Hear
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:50:11 PM »
Scipio, yah, we are all over it!! is another one. My last few years at work did my head in. I would play 'lingo bingo' in meetings. Me and a few others would guess what would be the most used phrase. We would cross them off as they were said. This is why not much happens in some organisations. I note though that private organisations use the same lingo, but things happen.......

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »

Scipio, yah, we are all over it!! is another one. My last few years at work did my head in. I would play 'lingo bingo' in meetings. Me and a few others would guess what would be the most used phrase. We would cross them off as they were said. This is why not much happens in some organisations. I note though that private organisations use the same lingo, but things happen.......

Countrylad back in the 90's we had a gaffer who loved saying "at the end of the day" the lads in the stores used to run a sweep on how
many times he'd say it at a staff meeting I think the one record was 43 . Some of his other bloomers were in a memo Prima Donner(Prima
Donna) then likening the tele sales staff to a game of chess he said the sales were the kings and the rest of us are prawns(pawns) what
a clown he was
Mark Twain

countrylad

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:26:27 AM »

Countrylad back in the 90's we had a gaffer who loved saying "at the end of the day" the lads in the stores used to run a sweep on how
many times he'd say it at a staff meeting I think the one record was 43 . Some of his other bloomers were in a memo Prima Donner(Prima
Donna) then likening the tele sales staff to a game of chess he said the sales were the kings and the rest of us are prawns(pawns) what
a clown he was
You know, it's like the Brittas Empire, these people are really out there. I.e. What's the margin, what's our return on investment. Yes, we're are looking at that. What is our trajectory.........what's the numbers on this one? And then they put how successful they are one their CV. And we get another wonderful manager, that's into thi chi and bakes Artisan bread and cracks walnuts between his thighs

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »
 on this forum we all sing from the same sheet and we all think out of the box  and less is more  ::)
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

countrylad

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »
on this forum we all sing from the same sheet and we all think out of the box  and less is more  ::)
We are playing the long game on this one! We are off plan! And of course BALL PARK FIGURE!!! What's that then when it's at home? Does our ROI reflect the GDP..... We are off target on the second quarter :D ;D

maribar

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:17 AM »
Two from football, the final third and took one for the team!

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:20:34 AM »
and at the end of the day we are all reading from the same book O0

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »

We are playing the long game on this one! We are off plan! And of course BALL PARK FIGURE!!! What's that then when it's at home? Does our ROI reflect the GDP..... We are off target on the second quarter :D ;D

Absolutely Absolutely Absolutely , if you can't get at least 43 Absolutely's into a conversation you're not trendy . One of the worst ones for me is when you're waiting to be served in a pub , and the person in front asks the barperson "Can I get " what a ridiculous question .
I often feel like interrupting by saying yes you can you go down the road turn right that's where you can get it, do you know who was the first person I heard ask that ? . Gene Hackman , in The French Connection , "Can I get a grape drink"? So if it grates you the way it does me that's who to blame .
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »

two  that get at me is          you know you know and like going down the road   like I seen him like

when they say   you know a feel like saying no I do not know  know what I mean harry O0

Spud

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 04:00:28 PM »
Hows about
Gender Neutral
Transgender
Glass Ceilings
Let Me Be Clear about this [ Politician's favourite before they tell lies]

The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy