Author Topic: villa street hockley  (Read 65095 times)

wales

Re: villa street hockley
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
thanks for that advise phil. i will ask my son to give it a go as it seems such a shame that i cant share my pictures with the other members. wales

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »
Wales

Ask your son to have a look at this site,

http://img227.imageshack.us/

I don't use it myself but other members seem to rate it.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

wales

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 06:06:39 AM »
thanks phil. ive made a note of that site. when you have got time do you think you  could have a search for any photos of paddinginton street aston. thats were i was born. they seem even more elusive than villa street. the closest photo i have got is one taken on the corner of guildford st and paddington. unfortunately it does not show a lot. thanks ever so much. wales

astoness

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »
hi all....just a reminder that i am still seaching for any old pics of villa street...over time i have managed to find a few but always on the lookout for more...

oh so as not to confuse you all i used to be wales but im now astoness...i think lol

cheers

lyn

studio500

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »
I don't know if this helps lads,  but here is a picture of the Angel and I have got it down as on the corner of George St and Willis St.

Phil

Wow, a great find!

I used to live in the Angel Pub way back in the early 70's, brilliant.

Thank you for posting!

dogsbody

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 08:42:24 AM »
Great few photos of Villa st area. I lived there from about 1947 to 1955 and the memories of the place and kind folks who lived and worked there are powerful. I was at the poor end in the back-to-back houses near Nursery rd. - 1/88 I think. My dad was a jeweller. Mr. and Mrs. Murphy (I think) had a small grocery shop there and they were so kind, giving me treats and asking me into the back parlour to watch their TV. I went to school with Patricia Cox who lived in the new maisonnettes next to the canal. I was always in their house on the way to and from school in Farm st. Mrs Cox was so kind and made me feel part of the family. The worksmen who worked in a factory near the Nursery rd. end pressing tin goods like toy guns etc., always spoke to me and this made a big impression on the yound boy!
Any more pics or a map of the times?
Thanks,
David

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 10:47:50 AM »
Hi David

Welcome to the forum, we have another member from Villa st that lived there roughly the same time as you, although I think she may be a little younger than yourself. Her name is Astoness, perhaps you and she might know each other.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

potblack

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 07:08:08 PM »
Hi there.

My parents lived in Villa Street, Lozells in the early 1930,s.
They were at 3/24. Can anyone tell me how that address would relate to the photos that have been provided.

thankyou

astoness

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 11:34:46 AM »
hi potblack..none of the pics posted would relate to 3/24..that address would have been situated at the beginning of villa st between bridge st west and the junction of farm st..villa st then carried on up to the junction of nursery road and then right up to will st...my gt grandmother lived at no 32 in the 40s and 50s..

lyn

potblack

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »
Many thanks Lyn.

Your comments are very helpfull.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »
potblack & David,

I see Lyn has been on and said a few words, I know like many she has great difficulty in posting photos to this site. So I will see if I can get her permission to post some of her photos of Villa St and Nursery St that she has allowed me to copy to this site for her.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy