Author Topic: villa street hockley  (Read 65085 times)

wales

Re: villa street hockley
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »
hi phil. dont worry about aving senior moments i have a least 2 a day ha ha. im just so grateful to you for turning up the photo. if you need help with putting photos into file order let me know and if we live close i am always willing to help. best wishes wales.

reginaldcook

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »
Hello Wales! Where was padmores Garage? The Garage I worked at was Edwards Bros Windscreen Services. That was the top end of Villa St, Below the Junction of George St, and if I remember Right Wills St On the corner of Which was the Vine Pub. Don't know when Fred & Claud Edwards took over their Garage Because I wondered if it was the same place? Very sorry mate!!!! I had a photo of the Vine pub, a long time ago now, sadly now its gone!

wales

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »
hi reginald. i think the pub on the corner of wills st was called the angel.. the vine was down towards the bottom of villa st on the right coming from nursery road. you said you lived in the big house behind the garage at numbyber 198. dont know what year you lived there but in 1960 it was called padmores garage. maybe it wasnt a picture of the vine you had as you thought it was on the corner of wills street. i am going to ask my son to try to put a pic of the garage on this site as i am not very technical in these matters. by the way the names lyn.

wales

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
hi again reginald. cant seem to get the picture on the site for you. but if you send me your email adddress through the private message system on this site i will email it to you. best wishes wales

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 08:13:36 PM »
I don't know if this helps lads,  but here is a picture of the Angel and I have got it down as on the corner of George St and Willis St.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

wales

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »
hi phil. nice picture of the angel. its wills street not willis st. dad has spent many a happy hour in there. must confess i realy am anoyed as i cant seem to get the pictures i have on to the site so that eveyone else can see them. my son has tried to down sze but to no avail. i am having to ask people to pm me their email ads like i can send them that way. maybe one day i will get the hang of it. wales.

reginaldcook

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »
hi reginald. i think the pub on the corner of wills st was called the angel.. the vine was down towards the bottom of villa st on the right coming from nursery road. you said you lived in the big house behind the garage at numbyber 198. dont know what year you lived there but in 1960 it was called padmores garage. maybe it wasnt a picture of the vine you had as you thought it was on the corner of wills street. i am going to ask my son to try to put a pic of the garage on this site as i am not very technical in these matters. by the way the names lyn.
Hello Lyn! by the way thats my wifes name! Linda. you are a star!!!!! if I were a millionaire you could name your price!!

Thanks a BILLION' love Reg, Linda and daughter Haylegh.

wales

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 09:17:26 PM »
hi reg. did you read my message earlier. it said i am unable to work out how to put pics on the site which is quite annoying but if you send me a private message (click on message at the top right of the page) giving me your email address i will email the photo to you. i have got a few i can send to you. cheers lyn

reginaldcook

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 10:03:38 PM »
hi reg. did you read my message earlier. it said i am unable to work out how to put pics on the site which is quite annoying but if you send me a private message (click on message at the top right of the page) giving me your email address i will email the photo to you. i have got a few i can send to you. cheers lyn

[email protected] 

reginaldcook

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 10:14:36 PM »
hi phil. were the heck did you get the one of the street. this is brilliant. ive got the other one. i lived on the right just about where the car is. cant wait to show the family this one. by the way the pub i am looking for is not the villa tavern its the vine inn it was just about opposite my house. many many thanks. your a star. wales
Hello Wales! I was reminded earlier by Lyn! It wasn't the Vine on the corner of Wills St, George St and Villa St. Its the Angel Pub, and its still there. I went over there a few months ago in an attempt to photograph the place where our old house and the Garage used to be! but I was confronted by a group of undesirables with a threatening demeanor and had to make a hasty retreat.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »
Wales,

You have got to get your image reduced down to less than 80k before you can post it.  Apparently there are web sites that will do this and store your images for you, but you would have to ask some one else about them as I have no knowledge.

I use a programme called microsoft picture it, it is just a small photo edit programme, I am sure you can download it or another like it free on the internet, It enables me to crop photo's reduce them in size and other things like that and its easy to use.

Get your son to look on the web for something.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy