Author Topic: Information about Duddeston  (Read 992 times)

lavanyaln1195

Information about Duddeston
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:13:01 AM »
Hello All. I am a postgraduate student at BCU. As part of our community-driven communication class in University, I am trying to find out some of the local problems in Duddeston, Birmingham. I am an Indian student, now based in Birmingham and I am still scratching the surface as far as identifying problems people face here goes. Any information along the following lines will be appreciated:

1. family histories surrounding Duddeston
2. Any civic issues around the area
3. Any services that the area lacks
4. Anything historically interesting in the area
5. Something about Duddeston that not many people know of

Looking forward to your responses. Birmingham is a lovely city. I hope you all help me understand it and soak it in better! Cheers :)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Information about Duddeston
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 07:14:46 PM »
Lavanyain,I was born in1939 in Inkerman St, there's not much left of it now,most of it is an industrial estate.Theres now a church where our house used to be. I don't think there are many people that used to live in the area alive now and most of the younger children have moved away,to other parts of the country.I personally had a good childhood growingup there and so did 1-2 others that write on his thread.Not a lot more I can say really,but good luck with your University work...
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Information about Duddeston
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »
lavanyaln1195

First let me welcome you to the forum, it seems obvious to me that you are looking for information on modern Duddeston. Whist as suggested there are a few on the forum (including myself) that might be able to offer help on the district of the 50's and 60's I very much doubt we have any posters who live in the area today.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy