Author Topic: xmas market  (Read 15098 times)

Rebeccajones

xmas market
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:11:25 PM »
anyone checked out the german market yet this year? any good?

Scipio

Re: xmas market
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:00:08 PM »

anyone checked out the german market yet this year? any good?

I don't go any more after the second visit , I realised the same stuff was on sale at different stalls , the same as the first year
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:35:00 PM »
Been to a lot of markets in Germany MKTS  the best one without doubt is BONN 5 different parts to it great
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

JudithM

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:22:44 PM »
Birmingham's one this year is smaller due to the Paradise building works & road works along Broad Street. I read somewhere that there's a reduced number of stalls in the German Market & no Craft Market this year.

Usually, we have the craft market, Birmingham Eye & Ice Rink outside the Rep, but that's a building site right now & the Eye & rink have been re-located to by Millennium Point & the craft market is having a year off.

I will take a wander through at some point as there is a stall that sells glassware that I buy a little glass animal from each year, but I probably won't buy much as the stalls are always repeats of previous years & you can't keep buying the same things for people.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:36:57 PM »
Judith

Why not walk a little further, say down to the indoor market. I'm sure you would be able to buy much the same thing there instead of giving your money to a Romanian dressed up as a German?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
Rebecca,don't think the trips to the German MKTS start till this weekend.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

townie

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »

I don't go any more after the second visit , I realised the same stuff was on sale at different stalls , the same as the first year

No I don't go either, its a rip off everything is so expensive.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Scipio

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 08:45:41 PM »

Birmingham's one this year is smaller due to the Paradise building works & road works along Broad Street. I read somewhere that there's a reduced number of stalls in the German Market & no Craft Market this year.

Usually, we have the craft market, Birmingham Eye & Ice Rink outside the Rep, but that's a building site right now & the Eye & rink have been re-located to by Millennium Point & the craft market is having a year off.

I will take a wander through at some point as there is a stall that sells glassware that I buy a little glass animal from each year, but I probably won't buy much as the stalls are always repeats of previous years & you can't keep buying the same things for people.

Hear Hear Judith I'm glad you latched on to the repetition , I did in their second year . I think with a lot of people its just and excuse
for a [censored] up and eating big bangers , so whats new . Once its over they can get back to spewing up and lying in the gutter
Mark Twain

GardenGerald

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »
Excellent event for a terrorist attack.
Gerald.

Scipio

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 08:58:02 PM »

Gerald.

Gerald they'd have no opposition anyway , what with them all kalied and lying down.
Mark Twain

JudithM

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 01:23:52 PM »

Hear Hear Judith I'm glad you latched on to the repetition , I did in their second year . I think with a lot of people its just and excuse
for a [censored] up and eating big bangers , so whats new . Once its over they can get back to spewing up and lying in the gutter

I noticed the repetition straightaway too.  As for your second point, there do seem to be a lot more food & drink stalls now than when it first started.  That's why I preferred the craft market part, more variety & less of the drinking stalls.  There was a great one last year that sold all sorts of cheeses & chutneys :)

Gerald.

You've not seen the anti-terror gate things then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42010000
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy