Author Topic: xmas market  (Read 15093 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: xmas market
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 03:39:12 PM »
Forget the British MKTS go to Germany or France it's a different atmosphere
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »

Forget the British MKTS go to Germany or France it's a different atmosphere

God you can understand why the German economy is so good , especially when you see some of the price list in the Mail. I can just see them there in Berlin in August thinking lets take those Brummies for a ride 
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »
Scipio,the travel company's have gone stupid with their prices ,they are all blaming BREXIT ,the pound against the euro,a couple of years ago they blamed the price of diesel ,but never dropped it when it came down,still charge the same

GardenGerald

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 06:40:48 PM »
Edmund
Rip off the British and some mugs fall for it.
Gerald.

Scipio

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:47:15 PM »

Scipio,the travel company's have gone stupid with their prices ,they are all blaming BREXIT ,the pound against the euro,a couple of years ago they blamed the price of diesel ,but never dropped it when it came down,still charge the same

Edmund what I haven't mentioned is whether you have a pint or a stein(1.3/4pts) you have to pay £3.00 deposit on the glass . Seems
very peculiar to me , normally if you want to take beer outside they serve you in plastic containers (glasses) . I've heard of Moneymaker tomatoes never heard it linked to glasses though. One thing to say on this " You can fool some of the people etc". To finish off
Edmund it's got nothing at all to do with Brexit, it's people surmising what they think is going to happen.
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »
Scipio,only drink2-3 small beers when we used to go by coach to the markets(in case I wanted to go to the toilet on the coach ).Its true some places do charge for the glasses,but they are of a nice design and you get to keep them.Ive got some lovely mugs (1euro) from the Gluevine drinks.Now I drive to the towns I park up outside the hotels and can enjoy the nights and the sights,Great

Scipio

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »

Scipio,only drink2-3 small beers when we used to go by coach to the markets(in case I wanted to go to the toilet on the coach ).Its true some places do charge for the glasses,but they are of a nice design and you get to keep them.Ive got some lovely mugs (1euro) from the Gluevine drinks.Now I drive to the towns I park up outside the hotels and can enjoy the nights and the sights,Great

Edmund you've obviously got calmer drinkers down there , it seems where I used to live drinkers there were sparked by the merest thing hence the plastic glasses
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »
Do don't get me wrong Scipio but I think they a more cultured drinking people on the continent,they don't like Plastic,people in this country go stupid after a couple of pints :-\ :-\

Scipio

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 09:07:10 PM »

Do don't get me wrong Scipio but I think they a more cultured drinking people on the continent,they don't like Plastic,people in this country go stupid after a couple of pints :-\ :-\

Hear Hear Edmund I agree 100 %
Mark Twain

astoness

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 08:03:29 AM »
i have been to the german market about 3 times and i do like the atmosphere it creates ie the sights..sounds and smells but as already said it is the same thing every year...not much change and very expensive and of course a little haven for pickpockets...often thought to myself why cant we have a traditional english market for a change....

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 08:20:24 AM »

why cant we have a traditional english market for a change....

what is a traditional english market?

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy