Author Topic: What Have You Achieved This Year  (Read 3808 times)

Scipio

What Have You Achieved This Year
« on: December 02, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »
Me personally with the exception of moving house and acquiring an allotment very little sorry to say
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: What Have You Achieved This Year
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »

well I'm 12 months older for a start waking up in the morning the right side of the grass is always a good start to the day iv had a good 12 months and so has my family with a bit of help from the wife and me Iv had a new green house and assembled that my self with no help just the odd cup of tea to keep me going  iv had a new garden shed for my odds and sods fully insulated  did that my self  keep the cold and damp out

but my biggest thing was getting my gardens in order now I can take it easy this summer  coming that's if I'm the right side of the grass
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »

well I'm 12 months older for a start waking up in the morning the right side of the grass is always a good start to the day iv had a good 12 months and so has my family with a bit of help from the wife and me Iv had a new green house and assembled that my self with no help just the odd cup of tea to keep me going  iv had a new garden shed for my odds and sods fully insulated  did that my self  keep the cold and damp out

but my biggest thing was getting my gardens in order now I can take it easy this summer  coming that's if I'm the right side of the grass

Nice one Roy , reason for my comment spent 4 months hanging around waiting for our move date, put the old house up for sale in May
it sold within 2wks . We moved here 4th September, too late to grow any foodstuffs here or at the last house.
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »

its been about four years now since I moved sold my house with in four days took three months to sort out
 and its took me all this time to get it in some sort of order  I have four gardens it takes me just over an hour to mow them the mower iv got drags me around the garden  I did have a man come and do the gardens but do not need him now

enjoy your new home its hard work at first but you will sort it  (by the way I live out in the sticks now not in brum)

yes iv done a lot over this last 12 month  got the all clear just over 12 months ago  and getting my strength back

that's why I put this on my profile       [font=]each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes[/font]

Coastal

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »
All being well (in just under a month) I've lasted another year, but I suppose my main (or should that be only) achievement this year is starting the diet, nothing spectacular but it's a start and one less new years resolution to worry about. O0
A slight change to the diet plan, for four days at Christmas and three days at new year, I'll relax the rules but without going mad, still recording everything and adding up the calories, then resume normal service on the 3rd of January. 
Do unto others before they do unto you.

Scipio

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »

All being well (in just under a month) I've lasted another year, but I suppose my main (or should that be only) achievement this year is starting the diet, nothing spectacular but it's a start and one less new years resolution to worry about. O0
A slight change to the diet plan, for four days at Christmas and three days at new year, I'll relax the rules but without going mad, still recording everything and adding up the calories, then resume normal service on the 3rd of January.

Best of luck well done , keep up the good work
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »
one more  thing iv done this year is learn to fly my drone   you think its easy you try it the only saving grace is the fact its got a recall button and it will come back to its starting point   it would have been lost if it was not for that

Scipio

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »

its been about four years now since I moved sold my house with in four days took three months to sort out
 and its took me all this time to get it in some sort of order  I have four gardens it takes me just over an hour to mow them the mower iv got drags me around the garden  I did have a man come and do the gardens but do not need him now

enjoy your new home its hard work at first but you will sort it  (by the way I live out in the sticks now not in brum)

yes iv done a lot over this last 12 month  got the all clear just over 12 months ago  and getting my strength back

that's why I put this on my profile       [font=]each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes[/font]

Roy like I moved away , I'm now on the borders of Shropshire . best wishes to you and a full recovery
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »

one more  thing iv done this year is learn to fly my drone   you think its easy you try it the only saving grace is the fact its got a recall button and it will come back to its starting point   it would have been lost if it was not for that

My son was thinking of buying one of them , I think I've managed to talk him out of it
Mark Twain

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 12:37:55 PM »

the one that iv got has a flight time of about seven minuets  it will take still photo and video  the problem that I have it will go up to about 500 feet if you let it but you can not see it at that height but its good fun if you like seeing tree tops the camera on board is not the best but it does the job it has no zoom I have rota blade guards just in case it hits any one  it does not like the wind much and it can take it all over the place

so that in its self is an achievement getting it back in one peace  O0     

countrylad

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »
It's been over a year since I retired. I thought I would have loads of time to do loads of things that have needed doing for some time. Thing is I don't know where he time has gone, I'm always doing something. Some achievements: lost two stone in weight and it is staying off. Rebuilt, brakes, suspension, replaced rear cross member, exhaust, clutch and serviced my 20 year old Land Rover and got through MOT.

Spent two months lambing with my son on the farm and for the first time raised 7 orphaned lambs ( I've kept two as pets, couldn't let them all go) Finished painting the barn roof (started about two years ago). Put 40 ton of stone on the track to my place (needed doing for years) and will do another section next year.

Put up post and rail fence to keep dog in garden (needed doing for years)

And most important after working away for 17 years I am getting to see more of my family and old friends, we are so much older now. But still tinkering with old machinery and tractors  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy